Acne Community
pimples that dont go away
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

pimples that dont go away

ok i got like alot of pimples but they are just red.like scars .and i always get pimples.how do i make them go away?
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
948349_tn?1294383837
Unfortunately... When you have that 'after' redness discoloration caused from a pimple, you just have to wait till they fade away.

But there are a few things you can do to help speed the healing process.

First and foremost, don't pop your pimples.  It is tempting I know, and it becomes a habit... and there's almost something satisfying about popping a pimple, I can totally relate to it.  But don't pop them.

If you pop them it will take much much longer for the skin to heal itself.

Try using lemon juice to help speed up the healing.  It will help slough off the top of the skin, the redness and discoloration will be gone quicker.

Just keep taking care of your skin, don't pop your pimples, and as long as you don't break out the redness will go away.  

You should learn about what causes your acne in the first place.  There is so much to know.
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Hi. The first thing to try is over the counter acne creams like Clearasil or Clean & Clear, which contain benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.
If these do not help, see your doctor for a prescription strength acne gel such as Differin (adapalene 0.1%) gel. Use a bland soap-free cleanser whilst using this type of gel, to minimise irritation.
Your doctor may also prescribe a course of oral antibiotics, like Lymecycline 408mg once daily or Oxytetracycline 250mg twice daily. These will kill the majority of acne-causing bacteria on the skin, the rest will be killed by your immune system or die naturally.
If topical retinoids and oral antibiotics result in failure or relpase, your GP may refer you to a dermatologist for stronger medication.
Acne is caused by raised androgen levels, or a particular sensitivity to the effects of androgens. Androgens stimulate the sebaceous (oil) glands in the skin. Bacteria on the skin feeds off this excess oil (sebum) blocking the pores and resulting in inflammed acne spots. Androgen levels are often elevated during teenage years, and the majority of people outgrow acne after adolesence.
Best Wishes, Eloise.
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank