Acne Community
rash around the mouth
About This Community:

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

rash around the mouth

My husband has red blotches around his mouth and on his chin.  They don't look like zits (He has very clear skin)... we thought maybe rosacea, but they are small blotches.  They aren't spreading like a rash and have been there off and on for almost a year.  He doesn't have them anywhere else on his face.  They almost look like razor burn bumps, but he says their not.  Any suggestions???
Related Discussions
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
309783_tn?1271961829
Rosacea usually occurs on the cheeks. Peri-oral dermatitis is a possibility, although this is more common in women. To rule out a shaving rash he should shave in luke warm water with a new razor each time, using a good quality shaving gel, like King of Shaves. As they come and go, they are most likely a reaction to something, and avoiding hot or spicy foods may help. As he has had them for a year he should go to the doctors for a diagnosis. He may be prescribed anti-biotics. Hydrocortizone cream may also help although this is not indicated for long term use on the face. Loiloi x
Blank
I have a girlfriend who's husband has a yeast infection around his mouth that pops up every so often.
And my husband has a friend that has herpes around the mouth. Not that either of these are what your husban dhas but he shoudl definately have it checked out.  Herpes keeps reoccurring off and on,
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eaters: How to Silence Yo...