red sensitive face with itchy pustules
hello i have had serious acne since I was 16 I am now 20 I have been using minocin antibiotics for a full year. my face is extremely sensitive. if i touch it, I get a sharp itch followed by a pustule. when i lightly wash my face what appears to be loads of dead skin comes of my face which makes my acne worse than ever it is also is very dry so when I smile my skin goes all red and sort of scaly. also I used to have a tanned face but now my face is always red is this from topical treatments will it ever be the same again? please please help me
I recommend using the new facial wash by Eucerin. It has excellent compatibility with sensitive skin yet also wahes away impurities and excess sebum. It is compatible with acne medication. I also used to use Lutsine Hydrafnia facewash but am having trouble finding this lately. Lutsine Hydrafnia moisturizer is still widely available and is designed for spot-prone skin which has become sensitized due to some acne therapies. Loiloi xx

It could be eczema, sweat dermatitis, allergic reactions or insect bites.

You need to wash the areas several times with fresh water. Do not use any cosmetic products at the sites.

Apply calamine lotion at the site of the lesions and see if it helps. You could take some oral antihistamine medications like cetrizine or loratadine. You need to maintain a good personal hygiene .

Anti-itch drugs, often antihistamine, may reduce the itch during a flare up of eczema, and the reduced scratching in turn reduces damage and irritation to the skin.

For mild-moderate eczema a weak steroid may be used (e.g. hydrocortisone or desonide), whilst more severe cases require a higher-potency steroid (e.g. clobetasol propionate, fluocinonide).

Eczema can be exacerbated by dryness of the skin. Moisturizing is one of the most important self-care treatments for sufferers of eczema. Keeping the affected area moistened can promote skin healing and relief of symptoms.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eczema

Let us know if you need any further information.

It would be advisable to consult a skin specialist for your symptoms and a proper clinical examination to rule out any other cause.

Let us know if you need any other information and post us on how you are doing.

Regards.