redness of the skin
I developed a redness of the skin on both of my cheeks, it started off with a rash(small pimples) then it developed to be itchy and scaly, my skin was breaking, then it made my whole face red. I have no idea what this is, all i could think of is fungus of the skin, does anyone have any idea!?!
Redness can be a sign of one of a number of skin conditions. You don't say how old you are. If you are young this may be a virus called Fifth Disease ("slapped cheek"). It could also be an allergic reaction to a food or medicine, or something applied to the skin.
See your doctor for a definite diagnosis. In the meantime use a bland cleanser like one by La Roche-Posay or Eucerin. When I get a rash I use Clinique's Redness Solution cream.
If this is an allergic reaction your doctor may recommend that you take an antihistamine such as Piriton. Hydrocortizone cream may also be indicated but should only be used on the face on the advice of a doctor. Use sparingly and avoid prolonged use as it can make the skin thinner.
If you develop any other symptoms such as closing of the airways or swelling of the tongue or fingers seek medical help immediately, allergies can be dangerous. Eloise x