round red spot on top of leg
  47 yrs old. about a month ago I noticed I had a round dry spot on the top of my thigh, it was a little red and about the size of a dime. It resembled a small burn but for the life of me could not figure out how it would have happened. Then it just never went away, if anything it is a little bigger now. It is slightly raised and nearly perfectly round and red in color. I put a little cortisone cream on it a couple times and it didnt do anything. Tonight I put a little triple antibiotic on it and it did sting a little at first, it seemed like it was dry and starting to crack maybe ? I have no health care and really do not want to go see a doctor and find out it is nothing, at the same time I dont want to ignore it.  It is such a odd spot, its a area that is never exposed other then a shower or sleeping. Please let me know if there is a product that I can use based on the information I provided. Thank you in advance !
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesion. Possibilities include infection/ inflammation, allergic reaction, cyst, abscess etc. Without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest something. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

Take care!