Acne Community
round red spot on top of leg

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

round red spot on top of leg

47 yrs old. about a month ago I noticed I had a round dry spot on the top of my thigh, it was a little red and about the size of a dime. It resembled a small burn but for the life of me could not figure out how it would have happened. Then it just never went away, if anything it is a little bigger now. It is slightly raised and nearly perfectly round and red in color. I put a little cortisone cream on it a couple times and it didnt do anything. Tonight I put a little triple antibiotic on it and it did sting a little at first, it seemed like it was dry and starting to crack maybe ? I have no health care and really do not want to go see a doctor and find out it is nothing, at the same time I dont want to ignore it.  It is such a odd spot, its a area that is never exposed other then a shower or sleeping. Please let me know if there is a product that I can use based on the information I provided. Thank you in advance !
Hi there!

Well, without a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of the lesion. Possibilities include infection/ inflammation, allergic reaction, cyst, abscess etc. Without a diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest something. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a primary care physician or a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

Take care!