Acne Community
scrotal cyst

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

scrotal cyst

Hi doc.
I m 29 yrs old & have 4 pea size painless cysts on my scrotum. Earlier they were small but now when i touch them it seems they have become large. Do i need to get them removed. If i insist on removal how much time will it take. Can it be done in a single day ? Initially i was afraid but then red about this online so ignored them as they were painless.
Please guide. I dont want any messup.
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there,
A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and management. There are many possible causes of these pea sized lumps. It is possible that these lumps are sebaceous cysts or ingrown scrotal hair .It is possible that it is a varicocele, epididymal cyst or a spermatocele. Varicoceles are common on the left side since the veins in the testicles drain into the abdomen. It causes a soft lump in the scrotum and feels like a bag of worms. An epididymal cyst is a smooth, fluid-filled lump on the testicles. They are benign and do not cause any health risk.Spermatocele are painless, noncancerous benign fluid filled cysts that are outpocketing of fluid from the epididymis. They contain a whitish, cloudy fluid and usually contain sperm. They can be caused by any trauma, inflammation or blockage of the efferent ducts. See a urologist for appropriate diagnosis and management. Treatment will depend on the underlying cause.
Best luck and regards!