Acne Community
skin rash

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

skin rash

Hi. I have a rash on my chest that looks just like herpes zoster but it doesnt pain at all, it only itches. I've been treated for herpes zoster but it didnt go away. I've been to 2 dermatologists but neither of them know what it is and they've put me on steriods for short periods at a time. After finishing the steroiads the rash would 'seemingly' dry up but re-appear in about a week. This has been going on for about a year, please HELP!
Hi there!

Well, without a detailed description of the rash or a clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the possible cause. Possibilities that may need to be considered include infections, inflammations, allergies, auto-immune conditions, hormonal/ endocrine/ metabolic issues, a few systemic/ primary skin conditions etc. I would suggest getting this evaluated by a dermatologist probably at a university or teaching hospital for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!
thanx. I've dermatologists already and both do not know what it is. The rash has the exact appearance of herpes zoster but not the symmptoms.