Acne Community
small bumps (like milia) all over my face,

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

i had three sessions of microdermabrasion, and i am having some break-outs and i got small bumps on my face only after these sessions, is it normal or is it unusual? i am taking pentothenic acid (vitamin B5) tabets as well. so i don't understand why i am getting these bumps or whatever it is. please help me with this.
Hi there!

It is neither normal nor unusual to experience an acne break-out, which is unlikely to be related to the microdermabrasion procedure. To keep the skin acne free it is advised to keep it clean and oil free at all times. Wash the face atleast 2-3 times a day with a mild soap and keep it adequately moisturized. For mild acne one could use ointments containing benzoyl peroxide/ clindamycin; while for severer ones it is best advised to consult a dermatologist for appropriate management.
Hope this was helpful.

Take care!