small flesh colored non itchy bumps on my wifes face
My wife recently got small flesh colored bumps on her face. She first noticed it after a resident from a nursing home she works for touched a kissed her face. Shortly after she got sick and thought it was perhaps strep throat. The bumps don't itch except the one on her arm. The are on her jaw, check, upper lip, ear, neck (side and the back of her neck), and on her back as well. She has taking benadril and claretin to try to make them clear up. She also used cortisone cream on her face but nothing helps. Any thoughts on what it could be? Also she has never had the chicken pox and she is 43yrs old, thank you.
Aaron
A physical examination is necessary for determining the exact cause of your symptoms. These bumps could possibly be keratosis pilaris, acne, molluscum contagiosum or seborrheic keratoses.In Keratosis pilaris there is a buildup of hard protein called keratin. Topical exfoliants and steroids may help. Seborrheic keratoses appear as a black, brown or skin-colored growth on the chest, shoulders, face or back. Molluscum contagiosum causes flesh colored bumps on the body. It is usually caused by a viral infection. It is important to see a dermatologist and get the diagnosis confirmed. Hope it helps.
Take care and regards!