small pimple like bumps
My boyfriend (who has been tested for several std's and was negative) has these tiny pimple like bumps on his groin area. We first thought it was from shaving, so he stopped for a while. He then noticed they started spreading slightly up towards his stomach and now thinks it's an std, im sure it's not. I was told it could be molluscum but they don't look like little boyles. He currently doesn't have insurance so can't see a doctor right away. Any ideas what it could be? They look like small pimples and are spreading. Any help?
A clinical examination is necessary for correct diagnosis and treatment. These bumps can be due to folliculitis or irritated hair follicles after shaving/ waxing. After shaving or waxing, apply cold compresses(ice cubes wrapped in a towel) on the rash and take some antihistaminic like benadryl or claritin. You can also apply calamine lotion on the rash.It will help in soothing the skin. Other possibility is that these are sebaceous cysts. They are swollen, blocked grease glands that look like yellowish pimples. They occur  in dozens or more. If they become infected, they can be treated with antibiotics or excision and drainage. This is merely an advice and not a substitute for clinical examination. Consult your dermatologist for more queries and assistance. I sincerely hope it helps.
Best luck and regards!