Acne Community
spots on bum cheeks

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

spots on bum cheeks

hi i have spots on bum cheeks. just wondering is there anything that can be done with this. i have no other spots anywhere else
Hi, i would bath or shower with a gentle product. Then i would dry off and apply Sudocrem which is a nappy rash cream also indicated for acne, eczema etc. If this doesn't clear up don't be embarrassed to see your doctor, they're used to things like that. Loiloi
i've got spots on my bum and i don't know why or how to get rid of them. could somebody tell me??
it's like a rash, little red ones all over my bum cheeks but sometimes i get white heads too. somebody help me!
its called "Keratosis Pilaris", I as well have them, I apply some special cream, but I am currently looking for other soulutions. I have them on my bum, arms,and legs. They look like pimples, and can be popped, I know it sounds gross, but unfortunately this is what can happen.
i have the same problem ,
i think.
they sometimes have white heads
and i have popped them before
(EWWWWWW!!!:S)
and sometimes they are just big red bumps that hurt ALOT when i sit down.
can you PLEASE help me,
im getting fed up!
i can't even wear a bathing suit anymore!!:(
Heyaa, i have about 3-4 red spots on both sides of my bum checks, and this can be really embrassing when my boyfriend wants to touch my bum, and sometimes walk off and he thinks hes dont something wrong, but i dont want him to know just incase he doesnt think im sexy anymore. just wondering if you had a suggestions on how to get rid of them? ThankYouu....

EmmaLou
x
hey ppl i have it tooo lol..

i mean like it is so scary i was with it since i was born n wont go away.. n now im 15..

its everywhere on my bum.. n i do wash alot.. n im clean but why do i still get it?

help ! :P

xx
hi i have spots on my anus that itch what can it be i had sex with a man on new years eve and only came out then have i got somethink
you say you're looking for other solutions? could you please let me know what they are if you find any?
i wanted to go see a doctor but it's really embarassing, especially having to try to explain in spanish... and my doctor's horrible. i might go see one when i go back to england for holidays cause i won't have to see her again and it won't be so embarassing but i don't know... it's gonna be ages till i go and like you said, acat242, it's really embarassing wearing a bikini in case someone sees them xS
and Emlou141, i also have the same problem with my boyfriend; you can't feel them through trousers but the thing is, he puts his hands down my trousers sometimes, not all the way, but just at the top. and then i shout at him and tell him no cause i will be soooo embarassed if he sees them, i don't know what his reaction will be.
i wash all the time, i've tried all sorts of spot creams, even sudocreme... it does nothing. someone even told me to exfoliate (cause i get them on my arms and legs too), it makes it worse.
i really don't know what to do now, it puts me so down. i even considered splitting up with my bf cause i don't want him to see them. i'm not so bothered about the ones on my arms or even my legs but my bum... for god's sake.
x'S help me anyone. if you come up with any solutions, please help me.
right, i wrote that comment above before i bothered to look up Keratosis Pilaris. i just did and this is what came up: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keratosis_pilaris
read it and let me know if this is what you've all got. if you really want to get rid of it and you're patient (you'll wait a few months or even years for it to properly clear up >x(
I had this for a few months after putting on an extra stone over Christmas. I didn't connect the two. My doctor told me that sometimes it builds up on excess fatty areas, such as the backs of arms and lower bum region. After I lost the weight through a very detoxifying diet (incidentally, my BMI was still within the 'normal' range, just at the higher rather than lower end) they all went away. I don't think one needs to be remotely 'fat' to get them, but they do seem to occur on the fattier areas. Maybe a healthier change of diet?
okay, thanks. (: can you suggest anything?
I dont think it is to do with your diet, as i have a normal BMI, which is aat the lower end of the scale, and i have had it for as long as i can remember. I asked a GP and she said it was bacteria from a spot i had touched, and transferred to my bum :S
i have many scars from it, so anyone think surgery is a good option?? or shall i use bio oil instead??
i have this same problem but mine goes all around my legs and bum i have read lots of different website pages about this and have never been quite sure of what it is. after reading these comments that have been given and looked at the Wikipedia website for Keratosis Pilaris and have finally decided that going to my G.P to review this abnormality would be wisest and hopefully come back with a antidote or at least some sort of help to the problem.
i'm assuming it was something like this...

http://tastybooze.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/billboard.jpg
i get it too , i had a massive white head poped it once and left with a scar and it was a MASSIVE spot ous everywhere discusting and then other times itll be a big read pimple that hurts when you sit down i think it might be from tight jeans? i get one about once a month and it seems to be when i wear verry verry tight jeans or somethingg mmmm:/
ya u definitely got a case of...
im so glad there are other like me!!! i thought i was just abnormal or summit.. i just get them on my bum and didnt know why.. i thought maybe something to do with siting on leatherchairs and getting sweaty but i dont do that anymore..

i got a tattoo and had to use bepanthon for it its a nappy rash cream..n i thought ummm??? nappy rash...bum with spots.... put two n two togther and triend it on my bum..,  i put it on as many times a day as i can also sometimes with savalon and it seems to work... it doesnt get rid of them completely but enough so i had the confidence to wear a bikini and sleep with this realy fit guy i had fancied for yrs (using protectition of cousre)

when home alone i sit with no pants on, sleep naked and wash all the time cos also u dont want a build up of cream...

hope this helps
you say it's a nappy rash cream?? but sudocreme is also a nappy rash cream and it doesn't work..? bepanthon yeah?
i have these pimple like spots that dont not hurts or anything but abit bumpy to touch on my bum.have had it for a while now maybe a few yrs can anyone help..im a lil worried to wear a g-string incase my partner sees sometimes it will clear up good then it will come back..PLEASE HELP ME??
heya
i have the same...i just looked up keratosis pilaris....its not that.
so im panicing =[ i dnt get them all the time i only seem to get them when ive got alot of stress. i dont pick them or rub them but when they disapear they seem to scar. im just really confused =s  they are kinda like pimples aswell but there mixed in with spots and really really hurt...Any help???
Okay, here is a concrete suggestion, based on my experience...

I started developing spots on my bum about eleven years ago, and like everyone tried all the obvious cures (yes, i even avoided leather chairs, as someone in the chain also did).

Then I went on honeymoon earlier this year, and noticed once again the grey streak on my wrist, left by my wrist watch. I'd often seen it before, esp. on hot days. Suddenly, it occurred to me that the spots started shortly after i bought the watch (1998). I also recalled that when i took an extended overseas trip, and travelled with my running watch, the spots temporarily disappeared.

Long story short, i stopped wearing the watch (beginning of July) and my spots have cleared up. Clearly there is something in the wrist-band (made of brushed steel) that is toxic for my system. But i think the points about fat and heat and pressure are all relevant. My spots used to develop at pressure points (eg where my jeans were too snug or where the rubber band in my underpants cut into the tissue). My theory is that the toxins get trapped in the fat cells, which are most prominent around the butt. The cells get irritated (pressure, salty sweat (i run a lot), sitting down etc) and become inflamed.

The comment above from the person who lost weight (and may have shed the fat that trapped the toxin) would support my theory.

Perhaps i just got lucky, and perhaps the origin of your toxin is different. But hopefully this will set you in the right direction.  

Hi. I have made up an aromatherapy remedy which seems to do the trick! You need to mix a small measure of vodka with distilled water (or cooled boiled water - about 1 part vodka to 2 parts water) and add 1 drop of lemon essential oil, 2 drops of lavender essential oil and 2 drops of tea tree oil. Shake it up and apply with cotton wool twice a day. The vodka helps dissolve the oils so they are not neat, the lavender and tea tree and both anti bacterial, anti septic and anti inflammatory and the lemon oil is cleansing and balancing. DO NOT USE MORE THAN THE STATED AMOUNT OF ESSENTIAL OILS AS THEY ARE VERY POTENT!!!
I had this problem for years and i tried sudocream and anything i could find but it didn't work. however, i have just found a product which has clear them up completely! its a product that is meant to be a cleanser for your face from a UK company called Lush. the product is called 'angels on bare skin'  Take some out with dry fingers (its all natural ingredients so water will effect its shelf life) add a little warm water to it on the palm of your hand and then place on problem areas. After, apply some simple moisturising cream and leave.  I did this morning and evening and they are completely gone! i hope this works for you as well as it has for me.

x
try Eumovate cream, costs bout 6 pounds for a little tube but it works! Can be picked up at pharmacies over counter. my daughter uses it for eczema flare ups but i pinch some whenever i get these sore red/white heads........they are practically gone by the next morning! Hope this helps, and if your too embarissed to explain to pharmacist who and why u need this medicine just say its for your partners eczema and yes theyve used it before lol :oD
Lush has several different cleansers that work for me and have just brought out a new one for more stubborn oily spots called "dark angels" its similar to the product mentioned by Sunny1712 above but is a more abrasive version - good luck! x
Hiya,

I spent some time researching ways to get rid of mine, trying all sorts of creams and potions, and I have found this routine the most effective:

Wash your bum in the morning, dry it off and _apply talcom powder_. Wash it again before you go to bed but don't apply the powder - let your bum breathe :).
Thats it.

Now, I'm sure we all have different conditions, but this may well work for you. I am a size 10 twenty-something - I don't generally get very sweaty, so hadn't thought of this as a solution. It just worked for me. I use a spot clearing cleanser and 'medicated' talcom powder. I still have one or two, but the appearance of my condition has diminished by around 85%. It took just a couple of weeks before the area was noticibly bettter. Try it!

i get these spots on my bum under my arm pits on sometimes on the top of my legs but when i feel them there like big lumps and i feel embarrasted around my boyfriend anyone know what there are? and how to get rid of them?
i have been to the doctor but he didnt have a clue he is useless lol

please help there are making me very depressed
i have the same problem. i have noticed a spot on my bum cheek purpley coloured and it hurts when i sit down. i also have a few around my bikini line and have had these for several years so it isnt a sexual disease. its really horrible and i find it hard to feel comfortable around anybody sexually as i get scared they will think im dirty when i wash and keep very clean.
The big ones by your arm pits might be blocked sweat glands. I went to a doctor for those and got fucidin and they cleared up right away. antibacterials might work too. I find they appear whenever I wear tight shirts.
when i read your comment for the first time i didn't know what the "angels on bare skin" was, let alone the Lush company.
i live in spain, but recently i went to england to visit my family and we happened to go in Lush in Bluewater (i'd forgotten all about your comment) and my uncle bought me the "angels on bare skin" one. i didn't even realise it was that one, imagine how many there are and we chose that one..!
and it bloody works! haha, i started using it on my face to see if what the shop assistant said really worked. and where it was running down onto my chest, it cleared up the few spots i had there. and now i use it where i've got the other spots and it really is working! :D
so i just thought i'd say thank you (:
i have exactly the same problem, I have had mine for almost 7 years, i have never suffered with acne or any skin problems before, mine started after i had my daughter when i went for my post natal i told my gp an she said it was my hormones because i had just had a baby!! i have been given different creams/lotions/anti biotics/ tablets an even the combined pill!!!! but none of these has helped my problem!! I have evn bought o.t.c medicines to try an sort it but again with no joy, somebody recommended i tried sulphur tablets as they clean the blood but again nothin changed! I am now under a dermatologist and have been for the last two years, I am living in hope!!! but i cant see me ever not having these unsightly things!!!
i keep getting little spots on my bum most of the time just under my bum cheeks they come and go after a while they dont hurt but i cant really pop them either!! im soo confused dont know what to do, i checked to see if it was something like herpes but i got tested a year ago and was all fine :) it might be from been sat down all day :( please help x
I developed spots on my bum in my early teens. Mostly little whiteheads but the occasional large, red lump that can be quite painful to sit down. Over the years I have tried countless treatments, both from the docters and over the counter. They were generally worse just before my period but other than that, there seemed to be no reason for them. Im now in my thirties and I still have a spotty botty, though perhaps not quite as bad as in my teens. I understand fully the embarrassment it can cause, but after reading some of the comments above, I felt commpelled to say that if you are so worried that your boyfriends/girlfiends are going to run away at the sight of your dotted derier then perhaps they are not worth showing your lovely bums to! I recently fell in love with a great guy, who loves every inch, including the bumpy buttocks. In fact, he says I have the best bum he has ever seen. It is a very common complaint and you may well find that once you stop stressing about it, they may well clear up alone. So, boys and girls, dont let something little upset your lives xxx xxx xxx
Mix some ground coffee a little bit of sea salt and shower gel to make paste and scrub affected areas do it everyday skin will be smoother at the beginning will be slightly irritated but than that should go.and moisturising is very important cocoa butter is good and also cream that include urea eg. eucerin. Ex-foliating  and moisturising .
Hi - I have suffered from this condition for years and have tried every potion, antibiotic, lotion, exfoliation etc to no avail.  I recently started using Dettol after reading the label (was cleaning my house) and noticed that it can be used for pimples and thought i had nothing to lose.  Amazingly the spots cleared up COMPLETELY within a few days.  I have continued to use this and it works.  Please spread the word.
I had the exact same thing - I thought it was bites at first so i hoovered my mattress and they went down but flared back up again. I have tried everything, from exfoliating, sudocream, bite cream, E45 and savalon cream but nothing seems to be working. However, the most effective was using the E45 but I've run out at the moment so i'm looking for any home remedies and discovered that is was acne. I have it in between my legs too, where i sweat and shave.
Hi, I have a simliar problem too. it started off with spots on my bottom and then picking them wasn't helping. then they turned sore & more spots started coming aswel & now i have quite a few scars where the spot wouldn't dissapear. could someone perhaps offer me some advice on what cream i could use? was thinking of sudocrem? thanks.
I have a very spotty bum and when i rub them they get worse!
Having read a bit about this and suffering from it for a long time myself (I'm 23 and have had it since mid-teens), I think what I have, and what it sounds a lot of others have, is Buttock Folliculitis. I am a final year medical student at the moment, so I have some background in dermatology.

Folliculitis is a broad term for Hair Follicle inflamation (inflammation) - commonly due to infection, but can be caused by other irritants like drugs or washing detergents.  Acne is a form of folliculitis, so it is not far-fetched to assume treatments for facial acne will have a similar effect on the buttock problem.

Due to the psychological impact (and sometimes the horrible pain), most GPs would happily discuss this with you and prescribe appropriate topical emollients with/without steroids, or trial stronger treatments if that doesn't help. It is best to discuss this with your doctor. Below is a link to the best dermatology website around, explaining folliculitis with a section at the bottom for 'Buttock Folliculitis' (It is real people!).

I hope this helps and clears up any concerns. May we finally solve our buttock issues and you get to wear bikinis with pride!
Forgot to add the link:  

http://www.dermnetnz.org/acne/folliculitis.html