Aa
A
A
Close
steroid injections for acne
I recently visited a dermatologist for acne treatment.  I am 31 and never had acne as a teenager and I starting getting really stubborn deep acne when I came off birth control.  A few weeks ago my dermatologist injected a steroid ( not sure if it was Kenalog) into few acne cysts and I now have 2 indentations on my face that I noticed about 2 days ago.  One on the middle of my forehead and on the left side of my chin.  Is this normal and will it go away?  I have also been having constant very painful headaches for the last week. Not sure if there is any relation between the 2.  

Sincerely,
Renea
Cancel
3 Answers
Page 1 of 1
the indents are normal and given a lot of time the may lessen. ive heard some otc scar treatments help (never tried em so dont know). also heard rosebud oil.  but in terms of the headaches i had steroid injections for back pain and i got a headache for a day or two immediately after. if it persists definitely go to your doctor.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
thank you for your suggestions, I appreciate it.  I have contacted my dermatologist and he said it does happen sometimes and that injecting a saline solution into that area usually takes it away.  I was scared, u know you wake up one day and have an indentation in the middle of your forehead!  My acne seems to be clearing up well though!  I am going to see my family physician because of the headaches, they have been ongoing for the last week now.  Thanks again.
Renea
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
no problem!!! good luck and hope it turns out ok! happy holidays!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources