Aa
A
A
Close
still acne at 39
I have been on acne medicine since I was 17 starting with erythrimiacin/doxicycline/minocycline/tetracycline/ 2 1/2 sessions of accutane and I still have adult acne the one Dr. called it like acne vulgerosa and he is right it is gross. i am sorry I botched up all the spellings. I even once tried to get my body clean from all pollutants and use natural topicals and soaps and foods.Did not work.I am currently off of my tetracycline for 2 months and have to go find a Dermatologist
I have been using Differin gel but not putting a dent in this acne on my neck around my hairline always then on my chest and my mid-section. Big like boils that seem to spread into a group and as one goes down more come up.So embarrassing and I would LOVE to be over it you have no idea what it feels like to look this way and want to hide in a cave. I was also tested before for diabetes and it came back negative. Is there a cure out there. Is the best thing what I've been taking 2,000 mg of tetracycline daily and using differin or is there something new out there for a veteran acne adult.  

Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
309783 tn?1271961829
Hi. Oxytetracycline can be safely taken for extended periods for conditions such as acne vulgaris and rosacea. However, you are taking a very high dose (the usual dose for acne would be 250mg twice daily).
Differin is the mildest of the topical retinoids, have you tried Retin-A (contains tretinoin) ?
Can I ask why you took 2 and a half courses of Accutane? Was there a reason you couldn't complete the third course?
You don't say if you are male or female but female adult acne patients usually respond well to an anti-androgen such as Spironolactone and/or a combined oral contraceptive pill such as Diane35.
Eloise.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Acne Community Resources