what to do for moderate/severe acne scaring on back
Okay so im 18 and I live in maine which is very cold and my back doesn't see the sun much. I had pretty bad and painful acne on my back where the shoulder straps of where my backpack went and now I have wicked bad scarring. I went to a skin specialist and she looked at it and said to stay on the minocycline prescription im on and wash often and all that, but she couldn't give me any steps to help progress because she thought a dermatologist needed to see this first. I got the appt......but its like 3 months away, AFTER my vacation in april in St.Thomas. So right now im using like 4 different cremes, Mederma, some herbal spot treatment for scarring and effaclare if any pimples appear, but I want to find out sooner than later if i should get a chemical peal or dermabrasion or anything to help the discoloration and appearance of the scars. Please please help, with all the college stuff i just had to go through and the continuing stress of highschool this is the last thing i want to deal with
Hi there!

Well, the picture is taken from a distance and without a close-up view or a detailed clinical evaluation it would be difficult to determine the cause of your symptoms or comment specifically on the situation. Possible causes of the lesions include skin infections, inflammations, a few primary skin conditions, metabolic issues etc. Without a definite diagnosis at hand it would be difficult to suggest a management plan. I would suggest continuing with the treatment suggested by doctor for the time being and considering a detailed evaluation by a dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management.

Take care!