Acne Community
young children and pimples

This patient support community is for discussions relating to acne and foods, scars, adult acne, blackheads, rosacea, and pimples.

young children and pimples

can a young child (say 5 yrs. old) get a pimple on the face?  why would they get this?  do you just let it run its course?  
My son is 5 years old as well and I was wondering the same thing.  He's never had anything like that prior to now and it's like little whiteheads on his cheeks.  Is it normal?  What can we do to reduce the appearance/occurence of them?  He overall has a very balanced diet and does drink a lot of water.
I would just have to say not to worry and for god sakes do not let him worry. The worst part of having a pimple is to constantly think about it and fret about it. Just keep him cool and his face will do the same...
WHERE ARE THE ANSWERS TO ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS?
I may have an answer soon, I am taking my child to the doctor for this reason. She has a pimple on her eyebrow that won't go away-  don't think it is really a pimple. It does not respond to Neosporin or acne lotions. SHe is six, I put make up on her at Halloween and I can't help thinking there might be a link since she developed this a week later.
I took child to doctor and he recommened a dermatologist. A few days later my child's reoccurring pimple-like bumb looked  very bad. It looked like a huge pimple but I knew that popping it wasn't going to solve anything. So we put vinegar on it, vinegar on a band aid everynight and Viola! In 5 days  the bump is almost gone and I may cancel the dermatologist appointment. I realize this is not a home remedy site but it WORKED!
I am new to this forum and has my boy of 8 has this same problem since he was 2. I have no idea how to go about helping him as those tiny whiteheads do not seem to bother him (as me). I did ask my GP and he told me he might just outgrow them and in the mean time, just keep his face clean and moisturise during those harsh,dry seasons. I would appreciate if anyone has any solution to it which I could just try...

Thank you
My daughter is 5yrs old and gets simular problems.. Her face seems to break out in pimple like bumps sometimes there small and not noticable but sometimes a few of them can get red and mean looking.. The doc just says its overally sensitive skin or a allergy that just reacts to differant things.. Some days her face is perfectly clear and others she has a few pimple like spots.. They come and go.. Seems to be worse in the HOT months and not as bad in the cooler months ..When they appear they mostly form on her cheeks or on her forehead.. Sometimes she gets a Hive  mixed in.. I give her Zyrtec and it seems to clear both problems I dont believe in putting Acne med's or anything harsh on her face..
Hhhhhh
My son,now 7 has the same issue.As a baby he had exzema (eczema) on his body & face as well as blackheads all over his face.I used Vaseline healing lotion on his whole body after the Dr gave us steroid cream that I didnt feel comfortable putting on my small babies face.It worked like a miracle.But as he's gotten older, he's had black heads on his face that turn into big pimples & blackheads on his armpit which that keeps coming back bigger.I been having him wash his face two times a day w/clean & clear,then putting clean & clear spot treatment on,which seems to be helping.Im making a Dr appointment today but I read that its not exactly normal for a child so young to have acne as it can be a bigger underlying problem such as a (tumor) or puberty coming too early.Reading the articles have gotten me worried so if anyone has any suggestions,I could use them.I will post back after his Dr appointment.
Have you looked up molluscum online? That is what it sounds like your son might have.