Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Accupuncture for Complex Regional Pain Syndrome or RSD

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

I developed CRPS in the foot after i sprained my ankle over 3 years ago. The pain was first attributed to M.S. which I have had for years prior (with no ambulatory problems or pain).
I had several lower sympathetic blocks, which helped some, at first.  But they became less effective.  Lyrica was helpful for the first year i was on it, reducing the burning neuropathic nerve pain to the point that i could walk again.  Then i twisted the same ankle and BAM, the horrible RSD symptoms in  y foot a d mow same leg were back.  I've been to a traditional chinese medicine dr for 5 weeks, going twice a wk.
during the treatment, i feel super relaxed and my pain is absent, and stays absent for a few hours.  Then when I start to walk again, or bear weight on my L foot and leg, the pain returns. It is at its worst at night.
wrapping my foot and leg in warm moist towels helps, albeit temporarily.  
Is accupuncture known to help treat RSD of over 3 years?  I am also taking systemic enzymes in hopes of calming imflammation.  Thank you
It sounds like your acupuncturist is doing a good job.  Sometimes with enduring problems acupuncture and herbs must be continued for some time.  You may need treatments for several months.