Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine

Hi, my name is Alex and I have been living with Multiple Sclerosis since 1986.

My last remission was back in 1998. I have had days with some symptoms exacerbating but we cannot consider them as remissions.

I would be very interested in knowing what has been your experience treating  folks living with Multiple Sclerosis (MS) and Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine.  I have created and run a website http://www.ms-multiple-sclerosis-symptoms.com and I would love to talk to you about showing my visitors about Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine and promoting products or services thru my website.

I would appreciate you letting me know if this is something you might be interested. Please e-mail me at ***@****

Best regards and be well,

Alex Bermúdez M.
Related Discussions
1546479_tn?1295584212
Hi Alex,

I do not have any personal experience treating MS.  I am looking for other L.Ac.'s to join the discussion to see what their experience has been.  

Please check back in soon, I hope to have more info for you.

Many thanks,
Monica Kaderali, L.Ac.
3 Comments
Blank
Hi Monica, thanks for your reply. I will keep an eye for any information on Acupuncture treatments for MS.
Be well,
Alex
Blank
454186_tn?1388978568
The use of acupuncture in the treatment of MS is geared toward two goals. The first is to bring as much relief of the symptoms as possible. The second goal is to enable the patient to be able to manage the disease in a way that allows them to fully experience the joy and splendor of human existence. There are many indications that these goals have a good chance of success through a combined approach of acupuncture, diet restriction, and mild exercise.

Acupuncture treatments for MS have had much success in reducing pain and decreasing spasticity. Another area of success is improved bladder and bowel control. The reduction of stress and the improved feeling of well being contribute to an improvement in quality of life. The acupuncture treatments must be given frequently in order to maintain the improvements of symptoms, but MS is known for its cycles of remission. During periods of remission, the frequency of the acupuncture treatments can be reduced.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank
242532_tn?1269553979