Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Can Acupuncture help with Anxiety?

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

Can Acupuncture help with Anxiety?
I've heard a friend of mine treated herself with Acupuncture for Anxiety and Panic desorder. I'm having those problems right now do to stress. I've never had Acupuncture and feel a bit nervous about it. Will it help, and is it proven to help with anxiety and stress? I'm taking Lexepro right now to help with the anxiety and find it difficult to sleep a whole night w/out ambien. Do you advice Acupuncture? How many sessions? What should I expect. I have an appointment this Saturday morning. Thanks!
Many of my patients that I am currently treating have Anxiety.  Acupuncture and herbs are excellent for this condition.

Hope this Helps

Charles Peri OMD
897.4678 office