Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Does acunpuncture help thyroid issues?

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

Does acunpuncture help thyroid issues?

Hello! I am having acupuncture for hypo/hashimotos thyroid issues. I do feel some better, but it is a  slow process.
I also am on a restricted gluten free/dairy free diet and drink herbs prescribed for me.
What kind of results may I hope to see? And what is the time /treatments to see major improvements? Is there anything I should discuss or ask my acupuncturist to aid in my healing process? Thank you very much!
As you know, Hashimoto's is an auto-immune disorder.  For hypothyroidism caused by viruses or stress, natural medicine and in particular Chinese herbs and acupuncture can be very effective.  But for auto-immune disorders like Hashimoto's results can vary.   You are at least likely to experience a reduction of the symptoms of the disease.

As far as results are concerned, you should begin to feel better with treatments over time. It is OK to ask your practitioner how long it might take to see results, and for how long you might be in treatment.  
It said that acupuncture can be beneficial to those who have been diagnosed with hypothyroidism. The acupuncture is most useful if treatment begins very soon after a diagnosis has been made. Having acupuncture treatments will help to decrease the symptoms that are related to the disorder and will allow the patient to feel less stressed and upset over the condition.Acupuncture seeks to release energy in the body that is blocked. It also seeks to correct the imbalance of hormones. When it comes to hypothyroidism, the acupuncturist will need to concentrate on the kidney area in order to bring about a reduction in the symptoms.

Can you "cure" hypothyroidism with acupuncture?

Perhaps NOT. As I knew,There are no quality research about this in China.