Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Ginger for nausea
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ginger for nausea

How would I prepare tea or what kind of tea would I buy and how often would I drink it for nausea?
Related Discussions
1546479_tn?1295584212
One great way to prepare ginger for nausea is by using ginger root, now found commonly at mainstream grocery chains like Safeway.  Peel with a food peeler (kind of awkward because ginger root is very misshapen), and slice into 1/4 inch size pieces. Put several of the pieces in a small pan with a cup or two of water and boil to extract flavor.  For a less strong tea, you can add the raw ginger slices after to a cup of hot water and "steep" like you would a tea bag.  I have found this style of ginger tea more effective than tea bag ginger.

That being said, on a personal note I find ginger candy to be effective when I am on the go and ginger beer, a type of soda made from ginger root, very effective.  I think the combination of the carbonation and ginger really did the trick.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703