Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Ginger for nausea
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Ginger for nausea

How would I prepare tea or what kind of tea would I buy and how often would I drink it for nausea?
Related Discussions
1546479 tn?1295584212
One great way to prepare ginger for nausea is by using ginger root, now found commonly at mainstream grocery chains like Safeway.  Peel with a food peeler (kind of awkward because ginger root is very misshapen), and slice into 1/4 inch size pieces. Put several of the pieces in a small pan with a cup or two of water and boil to extract flavor.  For a less strong tea, you can add the raw ginger slices after to a cup of hot water and "steep" like you would a tea bag.  I have found this style of ginger tea more effective than tea bag ginger.

That being said, on a personal note I find ginger candy to be effective when I am on the go and ginger beer, a type of soda made from ginger root, very effective.  I think the combination of the carbonation and ginger really did the trick.
Blank
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank
Marathon Running Done Over Many Yea...
May 21 by John C Hagan III, MD, FACS, FAAOBlank
233488 tn?1310696703
Blank