Acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine Expert Forum
Is acupuncture better than western medicine?
About This Forum:

Welcome to the Acupuncture & Traditional Chinese Medicine Forum! This forum is for questions pertaining to acupuncture, Chinese herbal medicine, as they relate to adjunctive cancer care, preventive medicine, women’s health, sports medicine, post-surgery rehabilitation, addiction and fertility.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Is acupuncture better than western medicine?

I recently had a session of acupuncture for left shoulder/left forearm pain mostly caused from minor weight lifting one month ago.  I have had other injuries where Western methods I thought ensured thorough healing.  Recently the neuropathy sustained in my shoulder seems to be healing better with acupuncture pain medicine therapy.  Is this normal? I would prefer to stick to this plan if it truly improves but are there further risks associated to this course?
Tim46