Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia Community
Sorry venting

This is a pediatric and adult Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) patient community. Topics covered include causes, clinical trials, complications, diagnosis, prognosis, medical questions, treatments, or other Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia (ALL) related questions.

Sorry venting

I dont know what is goning on with Bailey, he has been in so much pain for the last week, vomting and the poopes....It makes me so worryed...and mad that my baby has to go through this...He hasent been to school all week...Im goning to call and try to get him a nother blood count tomorrow to see if there is anything goning on...It has been awile sence he has been in thisd much pain and so sick.....He usuale ok 1 oir 2 days after his big cemo treatment at Riley...I ddont meant to wine, i know that everything happens for  a reson..God knows what he is doning....Im just scared that some other kinda of cancer is trying to pop up...anyway sorry for wining...God Bless!!!!

Valerie
I am so sorry you and your child are going through this! What cancer is his having treatment for?

Debbie
Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia........Sorry about the venting, sometimes u just got to get it all out...hes been in treatment for 1 yr and 8 mounts..he got 2 more yrs to go..thank u for responding....Valerie
I know how you feel about your son. I went through this when my oldest son was 6-years old last 1992. He was diagnosed with ALL and had a rare complications with so called Philladelpia chromosomes (Spell) where parts of his two chromosomes swapped. At that time, people with his conditions were given 10 years to live. His condition was found early during his first remission and they have not tried Bone Marrow transplant during first remission, so he was the first one to go through this. He is now 22 years old and in college. He is small due to total body radiation he got during bone marrow transplant but he has a big heart. He beat the odds and I see him as my hero.
I know it's hard to see your son go through this and I don't have anything to say to make it easier. But you can trust that people here in this forum will include you , Bailey and your whole family in our prayers.
God Bless, ( 1 Peter 5:7)
Rick
Thank u..ur woeds do make me fill better..its good to talk to someone who has been through this..Thank u for including my familey in ur prayers..know that urs will be in mine...I know what u mean about ur son bening ur hero..bailey is mine, i dont know if i could go through all the stuff he has to go through and still have a big smile on my face...it makes me fill better to know that he is a truley happy child,,,

God Bless..Valerie
I was diagnosed with stage 4 ALL when I was 10 (i will be 24 this august) and I remember everything from my two and a half years of treatments, so I know exactly how this must be for you guys.  Try to keep your head up and think of all the people who have beat cancer... If I could go back in time and choose whether to get cancer, despite everything, I would go through it all over again. Cancer can teach families alot and have the ability to make children not judge people as quickly due to how they look. Hope everything works out for your son and family :)