new drug
what is the newest drug for AML, my 2yr old grandson is in the hospital.

Hi!
I am sorry to hear about your grandson. Usually a combination chemotherapy is tried first. Bone marrow transplant is the treatment option with good results in children suspected to have a high risk of recurrence. In children his age, stem cell transplants, gene therapy, immune-modulation drugs and chemotherapy are also being tried. You can consult his cancer specialists for new treatment options (stem cell and gene therapy) that can be tried in case he is not responding to conventional chemo and bone marrow transplants.
Take care!
Hi there!

Well, it would be difficult to provide specific information without the relevant clinical details. Normally a combination of various chemotherapeutic drugs is used for the treatment of AML. The choice of the regimen usually depends on the type and the stage of AML, along with patient characteristics such as age etc. Stem cell transplantation may be considered if chemotherapy is not associated with fruitful results. It would be best to discuss the situation and the appropriate management plan in detail with his treating haematologist/ oncologist.
Hope this is helpful.

Take care!