Addicted to pills User Group
Terrified to quit cold turkey
About This Group:

This group is for those of us who are addicted to Percocet, Vicodin, Norco, etc. and want to be free of these drugs, but need some support.

Founded by DoingItForThem on February 3, 2012
17 members

Terrified to quit cold turkey

I am the founder of this group, and I am addicted to opiates (Percocet, Vicodin, and Norco is what I have taken). I am currently on pain management for a condition that I was diagnosed with in November 2011 called Medullary Nephrocalcinosis. Both of my kidneys are full of huge stones. They can't do anything about them because even breaking them up into smaller pieces will cause permanent damage to my kidneys, and cause renal failure. The condition causes episodes of excruciating pain (exactly the kind you get with a kidney stone, only more often). Anyway, I have been on and off of the above 3 drugs for a year for this condition. I have taken them every day for 3 months. I tried to go without taking them for a day, and my heart started racing/skipping beats, I would take dizzy spells, yawning all the time, leg pains, sweating for no reason, all on top of the pain caused by my condition. My question is this: What will make these symptoms easier to get through? I also need moral support to help get me thru this.  
In my opinion i would just stop.You will very uncomfortable for awhile but it wont last. Im on my 52nd hour right now getting off of all 3 that you named. I was taking them for pleasure and then i broke my hip riding my dirtbike.After i ran out of scripts i was buying them off the street again. I did buy withdrawal ease. i started to taper like the directions say. I did do that for a day and said screw it. Here i come! It has not been bad. the 1st 20 hours seem the worst to me. I feel pretty good right now. some discomfort with the aches. not bad. I cant sleep at night but thats ok it wont last. You just need the want to quit. Be determind and stay determind! I know that i dont want to live this way. It cost too much anyways. Good luck and hope you do well. Just pretend you have the flu. thats what it felt like to me.
Go for it.  You can do it.  You need to do it before it gets any worse. Have you spoken to your pain management doctor?  Is there anything else they can do to help your condition in terms of the pain management?
localjoins007 joined this group
Welcome them!
Jul 25
crisi2733 joined this group
Welcome them!
May 17
stuckonmeds Having a pretty good day wd... Comment
Feb 05