Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Addicted to Suboxone

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Addicted to Suboxone

I don't know where else to turn. I met my boyfriend two years ago and he introduced me to Suboxne, and I never looked back. IAt first it was fun, it was different, and then I noticed that I was becoming dependent on them. And now I hate doing them, if I can't find them I get sick, and if I do the orange's they make me sick to my stomach. I only do about an eighth at a time. The 14th is our 2 year anniversary, but our relationship has been very emotionally abusive and I've been wanting to leave for a long time, but couldn't due to my addiction and not being able to feed it on my own. My parents used to know I was on them, but I had convinced them I had quit, so it would kill them if I told them I needed their help to stop. I'm terrified to go to rehab. I'd rather suffer at home, where I can take sleeping pills or get in my hot tub and be around my friends, then be in a cold, sterile room all by myself. I really don't know what else to do. I've been thinking about cutting down what I do drastically, and only doing it once a day, then quitting all together, but I'm not sure. I'd really like to speak with someone who has maybe gone through this or knows a little more than I do on the subject, and create a plan. I've read other blogs about people that have actually tapered themselves off of subs with little to no pain, and that's definitely something I am interested in doing, I just can't do it on my own.. :/ Any advice would be greatly appreciated. I'd love to hear any feedback. Thank you
hello and welcome. that is great that you want to quit taking suboxone.
because you are dosing on your own you probably dont know exactly the amount you are taking. you take an 1/8 of what strength? we arent allowed to offer taper schedules. it is against the forum rules. to taper you have to cut a small amount of what you are taking and stay there for a few days. then do it again. depending on how much you are taking the taper could last a couple months. you can break free of this addiction.
you should also attend counseling and/or a support group.
sending hope,encouragment,support
debbie
Thanks for letting me know, I wasn't aware of that. Anyways, I take 1 mg of a 8mg tablet a day. Which I've been taking once a day, I'm going to try to cut it down to .5 mg soon though.

Does anyone know of any other support forums like this one?
that is great that you are only on 1mg. it shouldnt take you that long then to get off them. cutting your dose by half at once might be too much.try to cut them into smaller pieces.
the sooner you start tapering the sooner you will be free.
taking vitamins,exercising, heatlhy diet will also help during your taper.
scroll down to the bottom right of this page and check out the health pages. there are some good articles there , a few about suboxone.
let us know when you start your taper. we will be here to support you.
GOD bless you
debbie