Addicted to vicodine
My girlfriend is addicted to V..she's wants help and wants to stop taking them..she doesn't think she can do it cold turkey..she doesn't want to go to rehab or an out patient therapy because of her job..I have been reading up a little bit on this issue to try and help her out..I have read something's about taking natural herbs but I am not sure which ones she needs to be taking..or the steps she needs to be taking..I have been thinking about weening her down 5 a day for the first week..4 a day for the next week and so on and so forth until we get to 1 a day for week..is that good?? Or is there an easier way to do so..is there vitamins that might help with the process..if anybody has any suggestions please let me know..thanks
Weaning is always the best way in my opinion. There are some herbs that can help with anxiety and sleep issues that come with withdrawals. Heres my list.

The herb Valerian root (Valeriana officinalis) is used as a sedative on the nervous system and a relaxant for the muscles (Reader's Digest, 2009, Pp128). It also helps with headaches, which can sometimes be a result of an anxiety attack. According to Mosby's the recommended dosage of Valerian extract is 400-900mg, before bedtime (2010, Pp592). It is recommended that Valerian not take with MAOIs.
The herb Lemon Balm (Melissa officinalis L.) is used as a sedative and it has mood-enhancing abilities(Reader's Digest, 2009, Pp73). The leaves are the part of the plant that is used and can come in an extract. According to Mosby's the recommended dosage is 80mg of Lemon Balm extract combinewith120mg Valerian root extract, tid (three times a day) (2010, Pp390).
The herb Kava (Piper methysticum) has a sedative and it is an anxiolytic (Skidmore-Roth, 2010, Pp.369). Anxiolytic is defined, by the Mirriam-Webster's Medical Dictionary, as a drug that relieves anxiety. It acts directly on the limbic system, which is the parts of the brain that are concerned with emotion and motivation. According to Mosby's the recommended dosage of Kava extract is 45-70mg tid (2010, Pp370). Take it with a meal for increased absorption. It is also recommended that it not be given to children under 12 (Skidmore-Roth, 2010, Pp370).
The mineral Magnesium works as a muscle relaxant, which can be helpful to someone suffering from anxiety issues. The stress of anxiety can take it's toll on the shoulder muscles and the neck muscles. According to the Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements the recommended daily intake of Magnesium is 280mg (Murray, 1996, Pp161).
Although all of the B vitamins can aid in the calming of anxiety issues, vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine) seems to be the most important because it helps to form chemical transmitters in the nervous system (Murray, 1996, Pp100). According to the Encyclopedia of Nutritional Supplements the recommended daily intake of vitamin B6 is 2mg (Murray, 1996, Pp101).

Talk to a doctor to set of a weaning plan. Stay plugged into this site. Praying your girlfriend can get clean.