Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Addiction to clonazepam

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Addiction to clonazepam

I been taking clonazepam 3mg /day for 5 years and Wellbutrin 400mg/day.
I got pregnant on November 2011, my doctor said to me stop all the medication, and I end at the hospital at the 3rd day with convulcions , I already pass for 3 withdraws and I been at the top of the line.
I delivery my baby at 8 months and thanks God , she is ok, nothing on her body , she was clean with no med .
I have a 7 years old twins Boys and 7 month baby girl and I want to stoop this crap ,
I didn't realize how strong is this med until I got pregnant with my baby girl, I don't know why doctors are giving this med so easy and just said STOP no more, and not even care what happen with you later.
He said , you have 2 options:
Stop the medication at home and I can give you med so you cannot get convulcions.
Or stay for 7 days at the rehab hospital with same process and pay $3800dls.

I don't know what to do, first I want to get off of this med but I don't have that kind of money ,
And I don't want to do that at my house alone.
I'm scared , is horrible past for this situation ,
I need help please,
I don't have a life .......
This is a old post. Are you doing better?. I used the clonazepam for yrs with my methedone. If you are here go to the substance commuity. We are there to help.
Vickie
You can do the taper at home. Maybe a trusted friend would help you. Have you started the taper yet?
Been thru this.  Doctor is a nutjob.  There is only one way out ,safely..... very slow detox. like 10 percent per week and its gonna be the worst thing you ever did in your life.
BEst bet is to lookup this site online ************ and join the group for support , you will need it believe me.  They are experts in helping get you off this drug.   Got me off in 2009.   good luck
I have been clean fir 10 months of drug abuse. My drug of choice was lortab. I think I took 26 in one day. At least I think that's the most in one day. Opiate withdrawals were terrible. Every inch of my body hurt. My eyes twitched so bad I had to put a warm pack on them to sleep. But I didn't get any good sleep for about a month. I had diarrhea, constant nasal drip, restless, anxious, guilt ridden,  pain and guilt pain and guilt. Even on the first day if detox I did a lot of walking. A lot. It pays off I promise u. Drank lots of water and juice. No caffiene for the first 5 days. I took probably 10 hot hot showers a day. U will get relief. Hot tubs r great too if u have one. I cried a lot and paced around up and down all day. I call it aimless wandering. No energy but I still couldn't sit still. I also prayed. A lot at that time my only prayer for 2 weeks was help me and thank you. Over and over. Yes he answered my prayers and mo I still went thru withdrawals. I see now why. Don't ever ever want to withdrawal again!  I lied to my family stole pain pills of there's ran the front of my car through the garage wall. Oh yes. I don't remember doing it. Must have been the lirtab beer and ambien cocktail I lived my life for at that time. So lirtab and alcohol both stopped. I'll share more tomorrow.  I'll pray for u all. Remember this: there is no greater Slavery than slavery to drugs and alcohol. God lives u just as u r. I assure u he can and will help u thru this. Don't give up. Be sure u have someone with the first 10 days or so. U cannot cannot cannot detox aline. Tried that 6 times and failed. Stay hydrated. Take lots  of showers or baths. I promise it eases the pain. Try nit to sit around and watch tv. Tv watching stressed me plus u sit there and get in your head to much. Remember pain and guilt go together. Deal with the physical first for two weeks. Prayers to u all. Lead in Gid he will hold u up