Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Alcohol problem

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Alcohol problem

Hi there, I have come to the realisation that my lifelong drinking habit is actually going to ruin my life.  I am about to lose my job for the second time, my husband doesnt know how to talk to me (even though I know he loves me).  I have no friends to talk to and find I have completely isolated myself.  I know I have a lack of self confidence/worth but drinking is always at the heart of it.  I want to change and be confident and someone my husband and children can be proud of.  

I dont know what my first step needs to bad it.  My husband has talked to me about boozing in the past and I have cutback/ stopped but things get back to normal.  He doesnt seem to realise how bad it is at the moment.

can anyone advice?
I am sorry no one has answered yet, it can be a little slow on weekends. I don't know the extent or circumstances of your drinking, but I know Zi had to go to inpatient treatment. Now, I was also addicted to pills, but my drinking had become front and center and was absolutely destroying my life. People tend to undersestimate alcohol, but it is the most dangerous of all, in my opinion.
Others will be long with more advice. Congrats on admitting there is a problem.
Hi honey, I'm an alcoholic and my name is Liz. Alcohol is a terribly destructive force in our lives and as mother's it really destroys our sense of pride in ourselves. You can quit drinking, for ever, i know it. How bad do you want it? How is it affecting your parenting and how does it affect your relationship with your husband? You need to get to the point of having many clean and sober friends, that you can count on to lend an ear, and to bring up things that you need to hear. Are you ready for that kind of commitment? Because if you are, you won't need to worry if you have enough people that care to read, or listen to you, you don't have to ever worry about that. I'll send a private message, and I hope to hear back from you. I've been clean and sober since July 12, 1999, my son's birthday. Liz
Please try to stop your bad habit. I just lost my 40 year old fiance a month ago (Jan. 21, 2013)  due to liver failure. He had been Gin a constant basis for about 2 years and it seemed like over night he became jaundiced. He was almost orange and even the whites of his eyes were yellow. Finally, I convinced him to go to the local hospital and he got three different unrealiable diagnosis so it was 2 to 3 weeks before I could influence (beg) him to go to one of the best hospitals in the state. Well, Saturday morning at 1:00 am in the morning, I convinced him to let me take him to that one in the top 10 best hospitals in the nation but it was too late. They were doing all that they could possibly do but his liver was so far gone that he died the following Monday. Unfortunately, I didn't get closure because once he was admitted, they immediately began to work on his failing body and he was unconscious. I didn't get to say goodbye, I love you or anything and this just breaks my heart even more. I dated him about a year and a half and begged him when I first met him to not only stop drinking or at least cut back and also, go get a checkup because he told me he hadn't had a checkup in years. Had he gone a year and a half ago, he could have gotten a new liver however, since he didn't he paid the sad price. He had so much potential. He had an IQ of 150, a Doctorate of chiropractic, and over 200 credit hours of college. Such a waste of a great mind but he just couldn't kick the addiction. I miss him beyond belief and can hardly function somedays from the horrible grief in my heart.

Yeah I also agree with Softie, the absence of that person but the presence of his touch cannot be express out, So you can try to stop your bad habit, I would suggest you go to a rehab center and they would suggest you better and you must go , hope this we'll help you.
Slowly progress down if your on whiskey the strong liquor try to drink nothing but beer. That would be the first step then slowly reduce your intake of beer. If you want to do without rehab you gotta find the will power and the time.
If its easier said than done to quit. Then i would try the tapering off first then see how it goes. I would just try to go a month without and hard liquor just beer then the next month lower your intake of beer. We're in 3 months from now you only have a couple a day. Or you can just try to quit all together!!