Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Am I an Addict

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Am I an Addict

For at least the last full year I been doing coke at least twice a week. Going through at least 3 grams in those two nights. Sometimes we go the whole night till like 10am, and then I'll just sleep the rest of the weekend away. This is always while we out and about at clubs getting drunk etc. Recently over the last four months ecstasy/mdma has also been added to the mix.

But during the week I'm clean, only when I party like on a thursday or friday or saturday etc.

Do I need Rehab? Can this be the cause of my depression? Am I depressed?
Are you an addict? Only you can answer this question successfully. Do an experiment. Quit, cold turkey. Do you crave? Are you instantly drawn into drugs? Can you stay away from them successfully? If not, you might be one of us.

Do you need rehab? Is it interfering with daily activities? When I was in the peak of my addiction, I stopped attending college, stopped hanging out with close friends, shut my phone off, cut off connections with friends. NOTHING was more important then getting high. My rock bottom followed shortly after.

Drugs can definitely cause depression. Cocaine directly effects Dopamine levels in the brain which is directly related to motivation. This can cause depressed like symptoms. So yes, cocaine use as well as other drugs, can cause depression. That is why most times when admitted to rehab, they wait a month to begin to treat "depression" symptoms because it may very well be the drug causing those feelings.

I hope this helps! Good luck!
Hi and welcome. Coming down from 3 grams of coke can definatly cause depression. Be careful as i can see a gradual adding of more drugs to the party scene.
your  addiction should not be that difficult to stop as are a weekend user.
I know when your out partying  its not easy to say no to peer pressure and all the ladies, but try to stop the new things and take it from there.
Be careful with taking 3 grams as you could OD someday as you might run into some that is un cut.
I can say that you are addicted, but not fully only up-to some extent because you want these things at that certain time and this is a sign of addiction. You need to do something soon and try to avoid this while partying.
If u have to ask then prolly ready702. At least ur reaching out no matter how. Flush that crap and hit a meeting and see what happens. You can do this. Educating yourself on addiction helps, as it Is a disease. Good luck!
Hi.. try some meditation and which will give relief from depression.. i think you should find a good rehab center so that you can recover from the addiction.
hi.. You don't need a rehab because you are not addict but you could take a strong decision and and try to quit it by yourself