Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Can you Place someone into drug rehab without consent if over 18 years

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

can you commit someone to rehab without their consent that is over 18 years of age? Or can only a judge do that?
The law may very state to state but in Texas you can the only problem is without a judge doing it they will only hold the person for 72 hours. If you can prove they are a danger to there self or someone else then a judge may agree to it. I know its hard to do that. I had to do it to my dad when i was 17
I am not sure it may change from state to state but  I do  think once you are 18 its hard .Unless mandated by a judge normally they only do that if you have gotten in some trouble. .

In NC it is called a voluntary commit.  We had trouble with my wife's dad when he was drunk she signed him in to a mental ward well you got to start some were.  When he got out he told her that if she ever done that again he would kill her.   But we ant had no more trouble out of him since.   He has quit drinking now he had a stroke few yrs later and we still take care of him.