Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
How to stop?
About This Community:

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

How to stop?

okay so I have been on ultram for a long long time now and I've about had enuf. I rarely run out but I did yesterday and cant pick up my rx for another few hours. I am going insane... I am having just about every withdrawal symptom in the book. No one knows about this except for my husband. I want to get off this crap, but I really don't even know the first step to take? Its been so long, years. Any advise?
2 Comments Post a Comment
Blank
1235186_tn?1339127464
Hello and welcome. You need to taper your dose. Ask the doctor to give you a taper schedule. If you find it hard to stick to the taper let your husband hold your pills for you. It is dangerous to stop them cold turkey it can cause seizures. What dosage are you on?
It is best tO lower your dose slowly over time to help prevent withdrawal symptoms. Please follow through with this. You will be glad you did.
Debbie
Blank
Hello Friend,

Thanks for your reply. As I stated I do not have a Dr. no insurance, nor do I have a spouse, I am in this alone. Prior to surgery I was up to as much as 200 mg a day.  It is now around 60 or 70. So if I taper, how much? 5mg a day 10 a day?? and how long until I clear the opiate from receptor sights. I want to achieve success in this,failure is not an option.I plan on starting a rigorous schedule of weight training which was a big part of my life prior to knees failing and then surgery. The release of endorphines which occurs with any physical activity should help. Any thoughts. Thanks for your help.

Jaybee
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank