I need advice from some experts
Years ago I finally kicked all prescription pain/anxiety meds when all you had to do was ask your Dr for them. It was a living hell getting off all of them and staying off of them all of this time.

Friday I went to the DR and he wrote me a script for Opana 10mg 3x day. This is a new med that I know nothing about. Will I be playing with fire and putting myself back in that hell hole I never want to be in again.

Still haven't gotten it filled. If you know anything about it please let me know.  Thanks.
I can't tell you to take it or not take.  I googled that medicine because I have never heard of it before & i wanted to know what it is.  The website said it is a narcotic opiod pain reliever.  It said is was similar to morphine.  I hope this helps.  If you don't want to go through the hell of quiting again I wouldn't get it filled.
"Will I be playing with fire and putting myself back in that hell hole I never want to be in again"

Read for yourself.....

Abuse Potential

OPANA® ER contains oxymorphone, an opioid agonist and Schedule II controlled substance with an abuse liability similar to other opioid agonists, legal or illicit. Assess each patient’s risk for opioid abuse or addiction prior to prescribing OPANA® ER. The risk for opioid abuse is increased in patients with a personal or family history of substance abuse (including drug or alcohol abuse or addiction) or mental illness (e.g., major depressive disorder). Routinely monitor all patients receiving OPANA® ER for signs of misuse, abuse, and addiction during treatment.

http://www.opana.com/
___________________________________________________________

I think just by you posting this question you know that its playing with fire to take it. It sounds like your having doubts about yourself so Id say if at all possible....stay away from it.

Good luck
can you give the chemical composition and intranets of the medicine, then it will be helpful  in finding the answer you need.
I was clean from Alcohol/Xanax for almost 2 months and recently relapsed for about 4 days drinking liquor and taking xanax bars throughout the day/night and it's been 2 days since I've had a drink or taken Xanax I also would like some input on what I'm in store for?Should I take a very low dose of Xanax alone?I was on Xanax for a year everyday taking up to 4mg a day then quit cold turkey and went into seizures,was hospitalized then tapered off in a regular hospital using Ativan which then lead to the 2 months being clean.