Aa
A
A
Close
Is this tramadol withdrawal?
Hi there,

5 weeks ago I had surgery on my spine and was prescribed tramadol as pain relief. For the first few days I took 6-8 x 50mgs/day for the pain but by the end of the first week I was only taking a couple here and there when I needed them.

After 2 weeks I didn't really need them so just didnt take any, but found that I couldn't sleep at all. Even taking just 1 50mg tablet relaxed me and made me comfortable enough to sleep. Initially I thought I must be in more pain than I realised but slowly I began to wonder if it was withdrawal symptoms. If I take no tramadol I'm fine all day but when I go to bed I am agitated and can't keep still, and I toss and turn all night. Most nights I have given up at about 5am and taken a tablet just to get some sleep, but I'm due to go back to work in a few days and I don't want to be dependent on it.

Last night was the first night I didn't take any all night, as my boyfriend wasnt here and I didn't need to worry about keeping him awake all night too. But today I feel awful, and I'm so tired I can't get up! I'm not sure if I can do another night of no sleep, especially with work looming, but if its withdrawal symptoms and they may go away after a couple of days then I'd give it a go.

I told my doctor I didn't want to stay on tramadol but i couldn't sleep and  she prescribed me codeine, but I don't have much pain now so I'm wary of starting a new opioid if I don't need it.

I suppose I'm just wondering if it is withdrawal symptoms (as I hadn't expected that from such a small dose), and if anyone has found a similar thing or anything that helped them to sleep? I didn't really have any of the side effects lots of people warned me about with tramadol so I'm really surprised its affecting me this way!!

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
It could be withdraw but really it shouldn't last long your body is in wanting something you gave it for weeks , just bare with it and in a few days you should be ok....
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources