I've had it!
I'm a 46 year old father of three and single father of a 8 year old at home ...short story cuz its a long one....but have many excuse why I started taking painpills 5 years ago....had lots of pain....but thought it might be a edge at work also to keep up with younger workers....(construction ) I have been taking /abusing for 5 years....4 or 5 of whatever I cud get my hands on...either Norcos or percocet or Oxys ....buy prefer Percocet 10s.... I'm sick of em....oh I love em...but Im sick of em...the money I spend....the time spent chasing em down..many many reasons....I have 2 left....it is wenesday....my intention is to take my last one Thursday eve....and Friday after work and After my child leaves for weekend with his mother to spend the whole weekend In bed ....with the help of a Xanax or 2 ....to maybe get thru what I expect is going to be pretty tough....I'm excited of thought of having them out of my life....but scared of long term and not knowing what to expect....as day gets closer I am fighting thots of wanting to just get more ....minimizing my use of them...or making it no big deal...but know thts the drug talkin ....am I wrong for trying it the way I'm thinking  of? I do like to sleep and lack it alot cuz of eating pills in the eve which isl my favorite time to do so....I am just seeking advice....help....someone to talk to....I do have a pretty supportive family ....they know of my addiction....but not the extent....any advice would be appreciated....thank you
     Hey darren,I just kicked a nasty habit myself 60 days ago.Just puttin my life back together.A few things that worked for me I made sure i didnt have acess to any pills.Made sure i told my wife and people close me to that i screwed up.And now trying to figure out why i relapse.Everything is a trigger for me my back hurts,wifes pissed,that guy cut me off in traffic.....Know what i mean.......You might need a little longer than a weekend see if you can take a week or two off work.Give your body and mind time to heal and adjust to sober life.Also check out the thomas recipe really seemed to help me......Keith
Please post in the Substance Abuse forum. You will find lots of people there who will help you every step of the way!  
Ty for your comments.....Ty Keith.....severing my ties to the pills is the hard thing....but have took measures to do so....work has always been my anti-drug per say....is the reason why my bodies so beat up....but does keep me focused...I just thought that the hardest part of it would be first 3 or 4 days....so am just gonna try to sleep it away....but Ty so much for comments....