Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Looking for support. About to embark.

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Looking for support. About to embark.

My name is John, but I usually go by Russell.

I'm almost 24 with three children, 5 y.o Landon, 3 y.o Connor-Ray, and 1 1/2 month old Leighanna.

I've been taking pain meds pretty regularly for about 3 years now but just recently started crushing them and snorting them. This was a huge mistake as I used to take 1 or 2 a day for recreation, snorting has pushed me to taking more like 10 a day.

I went through a brief withdrawal episode when I ran out for three days and as soon as I got my hands on them again, I fell back down.

I'm about to embark on the detox journey again and I'm looking for support. I've read through the forums and have gotten some pretty valuable information and I really appreciate it.

Thanks in advance for the support guys!
Hi John, good to hear you are going to get clean. Have you gone to a recovery program yet? I found the outpatient program I went to was so good. It was for 9-10 months and I learned so much. It also made me accountable because of the u/a they did randomly. I learned how to live clean and sober, and never looked back. Been clean now over 19 months. I had used all my life. It does work, look into that for yourself. There are all sorts of payment options depending on which ones you call. I was clean when I entered for a week. Could you talk to your doctor about getting off of the drugs and see if he has any helpful ideas for you to detox. Life is so much better being clean and sober. Just enjoying the simplest things in life and I have so much more energy and get lots done now. It is so great. You can do it too, think positive, and get help now. It is worth it. You are worth it and your family. Take Care. Praying for you.
Thanks for the comments.

I've gotten some information online and I've bought some over the counter meds to help with the symptoms.

If I'm unable to do it by myself I'll check out an outpatient program, but for now I'm hoping to kick it with the support of my family.

Thanks for the prayers.
I haven't been using it for that long compared to what I've seen on here. I really had no clue of the severe problems opiates can cause and I feel a lot better just reading and learning that I'm not as bad off as I thought.

hello john and welcome. good for you wanting to reclaim your life. please do this for yourself and your family now. as you see addiction is progressive, from 2 pills to 10. you are still young and will recovery pretty quickly.
have you started your detox yet? it is essential to cut off all access to pills, change the people, places and things associated with your use.
keep yourself busy, please get some counseling and/or attend support groups. keep yourself hydrated, keep yourself moving.
on the bottom right of this page are the health pages there is lots of good info. there. you can do this, think positive thoughts. as you know relapse is many times part of recovery. the road of recovery is a marathon not a sprint you and you need to keep yourself on guard.
keep posting for support,
Debbie
Good, glad to hear you are feeling positive, that is so important. Staying happy and looking towards a bright future. There are so many good fun things to do, isn't there. It is a good life, and much better being clean and sober. It just keeps getting better. So happy for you.
Hi John,

Congratulations on recognizing that you needed to do something and for taking the steps that are needed.  This is a great place to look for support.  You will likely experience some days that are worse than others, but having a support system in place can help.  

You might also try finding a local AA or NA meeting to attend.  Those can be great places to find support in-person support.
Hi.. its good to hear that you are trying to quit and recover from it.. Try to go to rehab centers where you feel good environment and you could recover even more fast