Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Need Help bad

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Need Help bad

Been on 40-60mg of hydros 5mg depending on the apap in them for 3-4 years. Ive NEVER went over the 4,000mg dose of apap but i know the amount of time taking it ive done some damage. if i ever did decide to go voer id always do a CWE. I want off so bad, Ive just been taking 2.5-5mg a day for about a week. I got the ***** and stomach pains, cold & hot no biggie ive seen/been though way worse. I was wondering when I stop all together will the withdrawls really kick in? like not able to work or do basic stuff. Im on xanax is that why  the withdrawls arent bad? Im just scared never meant to get hooked got my teeth fixed and found out how much I loved them. They are eating my funds up and im not the same person, I dont dig for relics anymore, I dont wanna do anything with friends, I gave up Softball. I did hold my job until about 2 months ago but had a new job within a day so I do work. Any help or even a prayer would help. Thank You!
I can definitely relate. I been struggling with my addiction to norcos for about 5 years. I can tell you that it is not easy. Trying to break your pills in half is definitely a great start, but you still feel the withdrawals. If I were you, I would try to go cold turkey. Just get it over with, and within a few days, the worst of the physical symptoms will be over. Look up the Thomas recipe, the vitamins help a lot of people, and since you've already got the zanax, you should be able to sleep. This is a good place for help, so keep posting. Let us know how youre doing.
I understand where you are coming from , I to myself had been taking hydros for around 4 yrs and I ran out last friday , that was when I decided to quit , today is my 5th day cold turkey , the worst for me is the Cramps and aches and nor being able to sleep., but I am really starting to feel better ,  I have been drinking lots of water and gaterade , and trying to find stuff around the house to do to take my mind off it , I wish you the best of luck
Coca- Thanks for your words, Its more a mental thing I guess, I gotta start the day wit pain vic. History of depression & nerves are bad thats why im on Xanax. Star- Have you been takin anything OTC pain meds or any vitamins or did u just man up and do it? I feel B+ today but I took my half 2.5mg abouy an hour ago. We had a big storm last night so its lot of money to be sawed up this weekend. Im gonna go cold turkey Monday morning until then ill keep weening. Ill gear up for the Thomas Recipe sounds like it may work. But like i said its gonna be the mental part that gets me. Thank you both for helping!
Hey Bottleboy,

I feel your pain and frustration. The first few days/weeks of complete sobriety can be the hardest when trying to stop active addiction. We at AllAboutAddiction have been through the nightmares you are and will be experiencing ourselves. But we want to make sure you know that there is hope! We’ve been in your shoes and can assure you that it is worth it!

One of the things that really made a difference for us was getting professional help. If you need help finding the treatment that is right for you, we have a helpful Rehab Finder available on our website that you can use to find the perfect fit to assist you on your path to sobriety.  It doesn’t cost anything, and we don’t get a cut or anything for people who use it – we made it to help others who are experiencing what we went though.

Right now, UCLA is even participating by doing a study using our Rehab-Finder and people that participate can get free help while also earning up to $90 for answering questions! I really hope you find your way and that we hear from you soon telling us you’ve made the changes you want to make.

All the best,
A3!
14 dayz at a rehab place would do me wonders, Justs cost way to much. If people really wanna clean up I believe it should be a place gov. or state funded for help. Heck UCLA ill answer any question for free if I can be in a controled place for 2 weeks. If not i really think I can do this on my own, I wasnt far gone, just depend on them to start my day which isnt good.  
Checked out the website, im def not doing group treatment and thats all they give u if your payment amount is under FIVE THOUSAND DOLLARS. Its alllll about money pray on the weak and if they can afford it kick to crub let them suffer. Cant tell me your not getting a cut from that website. If u care & are for real about helpping call me 5402364742. Thanks! sorry for the rant!
This site isnt good for addiction, I looked forward to waking up and opening this page for just a "buddy" to say some kind words and keep me goin. I did get 2 people giving good advice & one tryin to make $$ off of my problem. Anyone know of a good site that I can talk wit someone almost daily until I can kick those lil white devils.
If you ever want to message me you can, I understand today is now my 7th day the physical withdrawals are about over but the cravings are there still, maybe we can talk through this thing together if you want too
Day 10 clean Thomas Recipe works very well, I felt like **** the first 3 days cold turkey but got better everyday. Clean happy young man again, no depending on a pill for happiness anymore. Thanks for whoever prayed for me :-) LIVE STRONG!!!