Need an answer please
I am now 36 weeks preqnant and I am addicted to pain medication ( Perkocet 30mg ). I have been doinq this my whole preqnancy. I snort them not swollow. My question and concern is , is my child at any risk for havinq anythinq wronq with him when I qive birth ? I have also tried heroine twice while I have been preqnant only to qet well from beinq sick from the perks. does my baby have a chance of still beinq born healthy ? ( I know people who have been addicted to perkocets while preqnant and did them their whole preqnancy and their baby came out just fine. )
Here is some information for you. You can read the full article at the link below it. Id strongly suggest talking to your doctor about coming up with a plan. Its not safe to take opiates...but its not safe to withdrawal either...so your doctor can give you medications to help.
____________________________________________________________

If I Keep Abusing Opiates, What Might Happen to the Baby?

You are more likely to lose the baby if you continue to abuse opiates.
The abuse of heroin or other opiates during pregnancy is associated with a 600 percent increase in prenatal obstetric complications. Babies who are born to opiate-abusing mothers have lower birth weights, and these infants are at greater risk of sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS). Opiate-abusing mothers tend to have decreased health and poor nutrition, are less likely to get adequate prenatal care, and are more likely to abuse other dangerous substances.

I Just Found Out That I'm Pregnant - Can I Just Stop Using Now?

Going through opiate withdrawal during a pregnancy greatly increases the risks of miscarriage. For safety, pregnant women are strongly advised to avoid opiate withdrawal.

What's the Recommended Treatment for Pregnant Opiate Addicts?

The most commonly recommended treatment for pregnant women who are addiction to heroin or other opiates is methadone maintenance treatment.
All pregnant opiate-addicted women are advised to take methadone as a part of a medically supervised methadone maintenance treatment program. Methadone is currently the only medication approved for the addiction treatment of pregnant women who are addicted to heroin or other opiates.
The fetus feels withdrawal symptoms during pregnancy. Short-acting opiates such as heroin cause fluctuating levels of opiates in the blood, ranging from high levels during intoxication to low levels a few hours later as the drug wears off and withdrawal symptoms start appearing. This fluctuation is tough on the unborn child.Methadone is a long-lasting and stable opiate that keeps blood serum levels at an almost constant level throughout the day. This serum level stability keeps the fetus from experiencing withdrawal discomfort; thus, methadone maintenance treatment reduces stress on the fetus.Pregnant women who participate in methadone maintenance treatment are also more likely to receive appropriate prenatal care and more likely to maintain a healthy lifestyle.

http://www.healthystartfv.org/Doctors%20Info/Heroin-Detox%20Website%20-%20Opiates%20%20Pregnancy.pdf

Good luck and God bless
Doing drugs while pregnant is not advised and theres a chance the hospital will call cps on u if ur babys addicted i went thrww this i became pregnant and got into a clinic asap i have been on subutex my hole.pregnancy im solid in recovery u need to do it for ur baby n u...  ur so far in ur pregnancy so u shouldve got help when u found out u were pregnant hope everything works out