Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Need help finding treatment

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Need help finding treatment

I need to find a good treatment program, I am scared to death to go. I have been in treatment before, and I have had some bad experiences. They are not all created equal. I now live in Ohio. I am willing to travel. I don't mean to sound like a rehab snob, but I want a safe sound program. Pleasem let me know, I am very desperate and depressed. Thank you.
Hello and welcome. Tell us a little more about yourself, what you are taking, how much and for how long. Do you have insurance? How old you are.
Keep the faith......
There is always hope....
Don't give up....
We are here to encourage and support you,
Debbie
I am in my fifties and I am an alcoholic. I have Medicare Insurance. I have been drinking most of my adult life. But in the last few years I have become very depressed and have totally isolated. I pretty much have quit life. My father took his life last year and I have not dealt with this well. I was so angry at first and I swore I would never put my children through anything like that, what a legacy. But it also made suicide very real. I am at the end, I have been in treatment before, so that has put  doubt in my head that I will not be able to get sober and stay sober. I have had periods of sobriety in my life. I want to try again. I need help. I am very desperate.
don't lose hope....... there is always hope....
I am so sorry about your dad .i cant imagine the anger, sadness and frief you have been carrying.  no that is not the kind of legacy you want to carry on. you can make a new legacy, a clean and sober legacy for your children to follow. you can live a life free of the chains and bondage of addiction.   how old are your children?
when you were clean was it when you came out of rehab? what did you do to maintain your sobriety?
have you attended counseling and/or support groups? dealing with your grief is something that you need to do if you haven't. please get some help with that. losing a parent is never easy and how he died is so much more tragic.
my husband was a recovering heroin addict when we married. he was 11 years clean. he relapsed on morphine pills 6 years into our marriage. he then went to a methadone clinic and continued with methadone, Xanax and drinking for 14 years. he has now been clean for 3 years and he is 58.
there is hope..... do you have a clergymen you can talk to? my husband went to a Christian rehab for 3 months.
you have the desire to get clean. you can do this. you know you cant stop drinking cold turkey it is very dangerous. did you go to rehab before through medicare? how long were the programs?
the recovery road is a marathon not a sprint. one day at a time is how it is done.... for today I am clean.
sending hope and prayers,
Debbie
Thank you for your encouragement and prayers. I am not doing so well. Drinking is killing me, mind, soul and body. I could not do much today, pretty sick. I don't know anyone here, I recently moved into this house and I have totally isolated from everyone, literally. I have been in rehab in another state. There is not much where I live, but I have contacted some rehabs out of state.
you are sick? did you stop drinking or cut down?
that is great that you contacted some rehabs. I am so proud of you for
wanting to reclaim your life. you can and will do this. a strong desire is a very good start.
what did the rehabs tell you?
please keep talking here. isolation is a terrible thing. at least stay in contact here okay?
keep the faith......remember there is always hope....don't give up.....
lots of prayers and strength,
Debbie
I am cutting back, I feel better today. I can't function the way I have been drinking. That really scares me. What a waste of life.
I have talked to a rehab in Ariz. and a couple in Fl. Today I am going to work on following-up with these facilities and make a decision. I know I need to get out of here, for a while. I keep thinking tomorrow I will get up and get out and find help here. I have looked into the out patient programs here locally. I went to one program and was assessed, and before I knew it I was ushered threw some doors into this "locked" area. They were trying to keep me there on a hold, because they were concerned that I was a danger to myself. I did some of the fastest talking of my life to convince them I was not. I was supposed to show up the next day for the intensive out patient program. I knew when I made it out of there that I was never going back. My point is, that these plans I have every night regarding turning my life around "tomorrow morning" just are not happening. I want to get better, but the idea of leaving my house and going to some strange place frightens me.
Thank you for writing me and for your prayers.
`you are welcome. I am happy to help in anyway I can.
great job on cutting back, that is the safest way. please stick with it.
no you are not a waste of life. the way you are living is. you are changing that and looking for the help you need. the chains and bondage of addiction can be broken. I am praying for the LORD to strengthen you, and help you to make the right decision.
it is very scary and at the same time very liberating to go to a rehab.
it is a decision that will change your life. it is a matter of life and death.

have you tried an intensive outpatient? it works if you work it.
sometimes it is better to get away from it all and go to an inpatient program and have no other distractions. are you working now?

my daughter who is 21 was using for about 5 years, coke, Xanax and then roxys ( opiates). the last year she had gotten pretty bad. we had made her leave here after she stole from us, was disrupting the household big time with her arguing, irrational behavior and her comings and goings. she made the decision in august 2012 to finally go away to a rehab after she had been arrested for the 5x. she now faces a couple felony charges for grand larceny. her then bf and her went into a target and stole merchandise to sell for pills. I took her to a Christian rehab. in Philadelphia ,Pa. about an hour and a half from here. we were both very frightened, but happy at the same time. it is a long term program of one year. she only agreed to stay for a couple months. she now has the desire to graduate, she has been there for 7 months and is a totally different woman then she went there. the LORD is doing amazing things in her life.

I am proud of you for making the calls, please continue to do the follow up that is needed. please go sooner than later.
is there ever a perfect day to check into a rehab? unfortunately many people change there mind from one day to the next. the destructive cycle needs to be broken.
thanks for getting back to me again, please keep me updated.
sending encouragement, support, hope and prayers,
remember there is always hope.............
keep the faith..........
Debbie
I am also in my 50s, alcoholic and hooked on prescription opiates.  My husband died and I have lived alone ever since (7 years).  Like you, I am isolated.my kids couldn't understand why I would never visit them, and then I told them I am too drunk to drive.

They have been incredibly supportive, which surprised me. I thought they would be ashamed.

I am now 2 weeks clean of alcohol and 5 days clean of pills. Finding it really hard, but this forum is brilliant. So much encouragement.

Please don't lose hope. There is always hope. You will get there.
I drank every night for over 10 years and quit. I went into a 9 month program that started for several months of intensive outpatient, then 1 day a week for the remainder. I loved it, we studied the AA twelve step program and it was great. After quitting drinking, I feel like I can cope so much better with depression and anxiety. I go to lots of AA meetings and they're great because everybody understands you and I get to talk and get out socialising. Made some sober friends also, dumped all my using friends in the beginning. I get so much done now being sober, house now is clean and tidy and all my chores get done which makes a person feel on top of the world. Make up your mind to quit and go for it!! Life is so much better being clean and sober. I feel happy now and you can too. Quit before it damages your liver, mines o.k. Thank God. Look up AA and go to meetings, I know you will love them and get some advice from them about the best recovery they know of.
That is good news about your daughter. I had a son who was taking drugs years ago, it was awful, he was very young. I would calls from emergency room, the police dept, I was afraid he was going to die. I put him in rehab. a few times. He was a mess. Today he is sober, quit smoking, became a vegan and climbs mountains. He is a miracle. Thank you for sharing with me about your personal experiences. I am really struggling with cutting back on my alcohol intake. I am sick, could not get out of bed. I drink all day and night. Life is a living hell. I can't clear my head to make plans to get to rehab. I am praying tomorrow is better. I feel really bad today. I am going to die if I do not quit, I know this. Thank you for your prayers.
I appreciate all the support I have received on this site. Thank you.
Congratulations on your sobriety, that is a big deal. Let me know how you are doing it. That is wonderful that your kids are supportive, they love you and just want you better. Take care
Years ago I was sober for 5 years and I went to a meeting everyday. My home group was a 7A.M. attitude adjustment meeting in California. I would go to that meeting and then go to work. My life got better. I have sunk into a depression where I can barely leave my house. If you would have told me years ago what I would become, I honestly never would have believed it. I am a nurse I raised six really great kids, I was outgoing, active and never gave up. Today, I can't leave my room. I do nothing, there are many days that go by and I have not talked to a soul. I feel like a zombie. I am miserable when I drink and miserable when I don't. I think about suicide a lot, and then I think about my kids and grandkids and so far that has stopped me. But there are days when I just don't want to be any more. Every night I tell myself tomorrow I am going to get up and get out to a meeting. Tonight I am making the same plan. Tomorrow I just have to do it some how. Thank you for sharing your story.
Can you ask your children to help you with your plans to go away?  So they can give you some support and encouragement. Please for yourself and your family take the necessary steps to  get yourself some help.
It was good to hear from you. You can do this. Keep the faith. Believe. Ask The Lord to give you the strength and courage you need to move forward and get into the rehab. You are worth it.
Jesus loves you. You did it before you can do it again.  Please pick yourself up by your boot straps and take the first step toward the rest of your life. Thank you for posting and for your note. I am praying for you. There is a hope don't forget that. The chains and bondage of addiction can be broken in the name of JESUS.
Lots of hugs,
Debbie
Hi Debbie,
My children live in Southern Calif. I grew up here in Ohio, and moved to Calif when I was 18 yrs old. I moved back to Ohio about four yrs ago. I left my support system and did not form a new one here. When I say I am isolated, I really mean it. I have no one here. When my Father took his life, my family fell apart, we did not pull together. The only people I talk to are my children. My daughter told me I have turned into someone she doesn't know. I used to be full of life and hope, and not one to give up. I had a sense of humor and enjoyed life despite problems. My kids are worried about me, this is not fair to them. It really isn't, it's emotionally abusive. Last Dec. I was so depressed over the holidays, I had shingles and was miserable, I just drank. I didn't answer my phone for days, and my youngest son called the police here and told them he was afraid I had killed myself. They showed up at my house, you would think that would sober me up. To put them through this, especially in light of my Father's suicide, is terrible. I am supposed to fly to Ca. for my daughter's baby shower in a few weeks, I have my ticket, but I know I can't go. This will hurt her. Thank you for writing me, I honestly appreciate it. I believe in prayer, I do believe.
Im sure you can look on line for the best place,atleast you have a option,please go.I ended up ibn jail because of my addiction,then they mad me go to a program,but that still didnt stop me,ive been in and out of jail, rehabs,kicked out into streers,and my last option was a mental institutuon which i put myself there,because it was my last hope for survivearl,but was back at it again. Im 32 and have been on all different stuff sensec I was 12,well finally two weeks ago,relized ill die before my son graduates if I dont stop and hes all I got left, my mom,and brother commited sucide,they were always on stuff,my dad is having complications due to drugs in the past,and my step mom,died of acohole poision. So Im getting help before I end up like one of them,and my son needs me more then ever,theres help out there,and people welling to help,ask around look around,and I could help you to if needed thx good luck
hey hun, whats going on?
are you trying to slow up on your drinking?
I looked at the website for that rehab. it looks good.
please get  yourself some help. go to rehab. or go back to California.
being by yourself is not good for you.
Still off the booze and the pills.  Seeing a psychologist to help me get my thought processes back to normal. I feel so much better - happier, busier. The main lingering issue is the evenings when I feel like I have nothing to do since giving up alcohol. Feel like I have lost a good friend! However, I can now read again. Previously too depressed to be bothered. And reading occupies me most evenings till I go to bed.  Trying to keep regular bed time hour to help me get to sleep, and have found some fantastic hypnotist apps on my android and also a great 'get me to sleep' subliminal tape downloaded from Audible.
Wow!  You are doing awesome!  Keep up the hard work. You have this down!  If you feel like it then you can come to the forum addiction:substance abuse. It is full of people who are clean, just getting clean or just thinking about getting clean! I am sure there are lots of people that you could help and inspire over there!  My nights are not lonely now that I gave up my pills because there is always someone needing help. Just an idea!  I wish you nothing but continued success!
Praying for you...my circumstances are similar. The fact that you are on this forum is proof that you want to stay around and beat this thing that seems to have so much power over you. God bless you!
Hope you are still doing well and I found a site that lists rehabs in ohio here is the address:  ohiorehabililitationservices.com
Also you might look into Narconon which is a great program and helped me overcome my addiction to meth.
hi.. First of congrats on taking this decision because you could be healthier for longer days.First make up your mind for the recovery.I came to know about a drug rehab center which has all facilities in an affordable price and its situated in California and the rehab center name is South Coast Recovery..This will help you to transform your health in a process.
hi.. i appreciate you for taking this decision. Use search engine to find a good rehab center away from your city because that helps you to recover soon when you are away from your friends circles.