Aa
A
A
Close
Neurontin aka Gabanpentin and Opiate Withdrawal
Hi everyone,
I wanted to share my story in hopes that it might help someone else.  I am a long time hydrocodone addict, at least 8-10 years.  Of course it was under control for a long time but the last few years it was not abnormal for me to pop 20 10/325 Norco's in a day.  I have tried to stop taking them so many times I can't count but always went back.  The last time I tried to quit I made it to day 17 and still felt like I was going to die and of course went back.

Well I ran out last 8 days ago and decided I would try it again but this time I had Neurontin.  I have done so much research over the last couple of years trying to figure out how to get my life back.  Well I read that some people had success stories with Neurontin so I decided to try it.

I am not on 7 days clean taking 600-900mg of Neurontin a day and I have not had one withdrawal symptom.  I mean not 1!  I actually am clear headed for the first time in 10 years, I am doing crafts, cleaning my house and playing Christmas music!!  Let me tell you this never happens.  I realized even when I was telling myself the vicodin was my savior and that was how I could function I was full of crap.  It did not help me.  My house is always straightened up and clean for the most part but now that I am not high I see all of the things I have been neglecting!! I have no idea if I stop taking the Gaba if I will go into full fledged withdrawals.  I am definately afraid of that but will not stay on this much longer as I hear it can be addicting also.  I am telling you this is a miracle drug!!!  If y
Cancel
2 Answers
Page 1 of 1
I've only been going thru this 2yrs and decided to quit taking all my Rx's, on my own as they were no longer needed... Not so much luck... I just went thru Fentanyl WD's not 4 weeks ago but the Narco's, Tramadol, and Valium helped. I just took 1 10/325 Narco and half of my Valium (so I took 5mg) just to get my headache to go away and make me somewhat functional today. Is the Neurontin an OTC or did you talk to your doctor?
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
its a nerve pain drug also know as gabetin most doc should give it to you it helped me to quiet also no withdrawls.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources