Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
New and need advice bad please

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

New and need advice bad please

Ill be 32 weeks pregnant tomorrow I have been using vicodin 500 mlg on and off my whole pregnancy the most i do a day is like 4 or 5. The last month I been cutting back havnt done as much havnt done them everyday and I feel fine I don't feel sick or anything no with drawls. I have not told my doctor And I'm not going to he would call child petective services on me but I ask him about vicodin befor and he said it was safe but not if mis treated. This is the only drug I do can someone please tell me if my baby going to be addicted has anyone been threw this please no bashing.
hello and welcome. do you have a prescription for the vicodin?
the baby will feel the withdrawal more than you will when you cut back or dont take them. it is dangerous for your unborn  child. you need to be
completely honest with your doctor now before the birth of your baby.
most hospitals now check the the cord blood for signs of drug abuse. they can test for use during your whole pregnancy. if you dont tell them and they find it in the blood or the baby goes into withdrawal that will present a problem for you. it will be best for you and your baby to be honest with your doctor.
sending you encouragement and support,
debbie
Hi Kjs, you might want to post this on the substance abuse addiction forum as there are more replyers there that can give advise about this. I will say that your blood is your babies blood and your not sure if your mistreating the vicodin. I dont believe the doctor will call child custody as there is a doctor patient relationship.
I can't tell my doctor he will call child protective services that I do know I am not going threw that. And yes I have had a prescription befor for percoset when I broke my tale bone. And I don't think I mis used because you can take up to 8 vicodin a day and I'm not having any with drawls at all I'm perfectly fine and I'm pretty sure the baby fine cause he not showing anything wrong wit him when they do alter sounds an his heart beat.
hun as long as you have a prescription then i dont understand why you dont want to tell the doctor. even if you havent abused them your and the babys body has become depend on them. therefore the baby will most likely go through withdrawal once he is born. i am sure you want the best for your baby boy. is this your first child?
congratulations what is your due date?
No this is my 3rd child I'm due at the end of feb and my old doctor prescribed them to me I got a new doctor because I moved and I didn't want to get back on the vicodin because I wanted to quit. I have said something to my doctor like is it safe to take vicodin while pregnant because my old doctor use to give them to me and I herd alot of people getting addicted and there babys he said vicodin is safer then tylanol and only if you mistreat them. I'm not telling my doctor because he has to call child protective services it's the law I'm not losing my baby I love my baby that much I ca stop I'm weaning myself off. And. Have herd of other people taking vikes there whole pregnancy and there baby being fine.
I wrote to you on another post, but I have seen women who have been on much stronger RX meds and taking them illegally.they won't take your baby IF YOU TELL THEM NOW! But they will drug test you AND your baby when you deliver And if. You didn't tell them prior they Wnt have the proper meds to ween the baby off and could be fatal, just bc someone else was fine dsnt mean yours will! Also they will call CPS once they find the drug in the baby system anyway! If you get this out of the way now and follow the treatment plan provided by the doctor then you will be fine and no one will take your baby, I've seen many of girls taking much worse pain meds and they start a treatment plan PRIOR TO DELIVERING that is safe for the baby as well, and there is no issue about losing their child. But like I said that is Bc they informed their doctor prior and folllowd the plan, you need to immediately tell your dr or you could have a much worse situation on your hand by keeping quiet and thinking stopping will not be harmful when it is much worse!
Lt me know if you have any other questions because I know everything there is to know about RX pain medicine and the effects of stopping them, and also the effect on pregnancy and once the baby is born. Don't go on what happened to other people it will put you in harm. If you really love this baby and don't want to lose it you will follow my advice and go to the ER and inform the dr there, they will tell you the route you need to go on to keep your baby safe and you WILL NOT GET in trouble or lose your baby, HOWEVER if you lie and don't tell them and when you deliver they test the baby, YOU WILL HAVE A MUCH WORSE problem and risk losing the child. You need to act NOW
I dont know what state your from but where I'm from they will call csb and it's the law the doctor has to. And I feel like I don't need to tell my doctor I'm not sick at all I'm not going threw any with drawls at all I'm fine the last month I been cutting back alot I berley even do them. And I honestly don't do that much when I was doin them almost everyday I did most 5 a day of the 500 mlg vicodin. Every time I go to the doctors and they check the baby he fine he very healthy I can quit on my own I don't go crazy wittout them I dingbat sick nothing like this . And they only drug test the baby if I have drugs in my system and I won't because I'm done and I feel good.
Well like I said I'm not judging you bc I'm currently in outpatient rehab myself, however I also work in medical field and deal with lots of pregnant women and they do drug test the baby and  the mom at birth. They will call cos but they won't take your baby IF YOU FOLLOW THE TREATMENT PLAN they offer, since you don't take much there may not be one to follow at all, however just bc you don't feel withdrawls DOES NOT MEAN your baby isn't feeling the effects and until he or she is born you can not know the full effect it has taken. You posted about this obviously bc you had some concern, I'm telling you that there are safe ways to go that will allow you to keep your baby, I'm in Florida which after the pill mill thing our state has cracked down HARD ON RX drug users but you still won't lose your baby if you go to treatment during pregnancy and they will make sure baby is safely weened off. Trust me don't risk your baby's health. I know you might be scared but i see this every day, to ease your mind here is an example of a girl who was on way more pain meds than you & got arrested, they sent her to the clinic outpatient & started her on a plan to prepare for her birth, CPS was notified but as long as she followed the treatment plan which she did, then they let her keep the baby with no issues. She did all that and the baby was born healthy and weened off by doctors healthily without any issues. So I'm pretty sure if a girl who was jailed bc of drugs & taking recreationally didn't lose her baby then someone taking a few here and there THAT WERE RXD by a doctor to you IS NOT GOING TO LOSE YOUR CHILD!  But you may if you don't get help and that's just the truth he may be fine now but born with birth defects and not make it. Happens all the time for less so I'd seek Mexico attention and not out my child's life at risk
I just want to clarify to you I'm not basing you bc I also have taken pain meds RXD to me recreationally, so I don't think you are a bad person, but I have seen GBs lose their children bc they didn't get help, my Gf just had her baby went thru the SAME thing as you and finally told her doctor she was taken every now n then and they gave her meds to take up til birth and everything was fine and she did NOT get in trouble with CPS bc they said as long as she kept taking the meds to ween her n baby off that they were. With that
I'm from Ohio where I'm from it's the law they have to call csb And out here csb are some straight cow people. I already been in csb a year ago for when I went to jail not drug related at all my case is closed now but they will take my baby. If you're truly addicted you're going to go threw with drawls because you're body needs them it use to them I think I'm addicted in awhile different way. I honestly don't think I need to tell my doctor I'm doin just fine I havnt done them in awhile and my baby doing great I dont think I did enough for him to be addicted when I did do them I might of dine them almost everyday but I didn't do more then 5 u can't take up to 8 a day why would doctors prescribe pregnant women vicodin if it was going to hurt the baby. I can do this by myself  u been doing good they don't always drug test you I know people that were not drug tested and if they do drug test me it won't be in my system or the babys .
Kjs, it's the law for the drug testing. I work in pediatrics and have seen many women go through this, if you lie then yes, CPA is going to be called. Just tell your dr what you said, you had an rx, took some, not more than was prescribed and you just wanted him to know before hand. If a dr called cps EVERYTIME a pregnant woman took a Vicodin cps would be way over burdened and miss the important stuff. Since you have a history with them that might make you an automatic candidate for testing even if it's not the law in the first place.  

I'm not sure what advice you are wanting us to give as it seems everyone has said the same thing but you don't like it. It *****! I know...but if you haven't been abusing you'll be fine. As for your baby, that's who you have to constant rate on. They can only tell you everything is fine based on generalities...healthy weight, proper term growth, organs where they should be...what they can't tell you is what that baby is feeling. And even though you aren't having wd doesn't mean that baby isn't or won't when they cut that cord! It's all about that cord cutting...that's when they are on their own and don't get help from you anymore. He won't be tapered then, just ct. I've seen people wonder why their baby is so fussy and they we find out they had been on pain med invitro and that's why they cry all the time! They need a fix. My own baby almost died when they cut the cord, for different issues, but as I seemed fine and had my blood sugars under control, when they cut the cord and cut off her supply she crashed dangerously low and had to get it in her fast! It just goes to show how much of a lifeline that thing is.

Not trying to scare you, just want you to think about. Call an office that deals with prenatal anonymously and ask if you'll be reported automatically if that helps. Try the county health dept or a woman's clinic in your state and see what they recommend.

Oh and just because you don't have w/d does NOT mean you aren't addicted...it just means you are lucky your body chemistry is the way it is...addiction is not just physical...it's mental...the mental part is way harder to get over!!
If you aren't abusing the script, then whats the problem? You followed doctors orders..Normally I am against the fess up to everyone, flush down all your stash kind of thing..but this isnt just your life, its the baby's as well. It is the law to drug test, Federal Law..and when they drug test they will probably do a DEA check or look up your name on the Prescription Monitoring Program and they can see every narcotic prescription ever filled and how often and by what doctor and how many.

You have got to tell them. Tell your doctor, and welcome any advice he has. You aren;t going to..well, you arent going to get away with it. I say that with the upmost respect and kindness. They will find out..Mention to your doc at the next appt, tell him you were following directions and wanted to make sure they were safe, act naive.
That is what I've been trying to tell her as well I've seen lots of girls go they this, the difference is that they told their doctors, the des sent them to get a treatment plan with another doc and they informed CPS and as long as the moms followed everything to get help then they could keep their kids, when you DON'T GET HELP AND HIDE IT like she's doing is where the issue is. No ones judging you we r only trying to help bc you say you won't tell bc you don't wanna lose your baby when in fact that's what is going to cause you problems 0! If you are honest even if you're a abusing and buying from streets, they will not take your baby IF YOU GET HELP AND FOLLOW THE STATES TREATMENT PLAN. It is outpatient, will not cost you anything and is safe for both you and your baby! All you will do is see a nurse daily for meds that stop you from being sick and then you're done, no problem and when you deliver you can continue going if you'd like and the hospital will treat your baby with safe meds to ween him/her off. This is a STATE REGULATED PROGRAM AND IN EVERY STATE IN US! So I know for a fact that you won't lose your child if you go this route, pretending it'll go away and not telling your drs can cause irreversible harm to your baby AND a higher possibility of losing it. Both from being taken or death. But I've repeatedly tried to tell you the states not going to take your baby away if you follow their plan BC THEY ARE THE ONES WHO STARTED THE OUTPATIENT TREATMENT SO THAT MOMS COULD KEEO THEIR KIDS AND GET HELP!!! And just bc you don't think your addicted doesn't mean you aren't! I was in a tragic accident and RXD my meds, I took them as RXD from a board cert. respected physician and did everything right and still ended up with issues bc the med itself causes it there's no way around it if RXD for an extended period of time. And regardless you may not but your baby isn't as strong as you are. Please take my advice I'm not trying to cause you harm! I want to see you and your baby be healthy and worry free! I promise that no one is gonna take it as long as you follow their plan and get their medicated help you will be fine, but continue to keep quiet and it will cause more harm than you can imagine. You can message me and ill give you all the info you need, it's confidential no employer or anyone will ever be able to know and the state runs it so your kids are safe to stay with you :)
Btw I know you said you'll be fine etc etc but the fact that you posted the ? In the first place shows you do have some concern and care about the wel being of your child :) so please trust me and seek doctors advice on this, he may agree and think no action is needed but you need a dr to decide the action needed. The only way they could take your child if you told the doctor is if you REFUSED TO FOLLOW their advice and take the necessary harmless meds required to ween you n the baby off! Which I'm sure you wouldn't refuse so you have NOTHING to worry about it, look it up if you don't believe me, operation par, just google that
all we can do is advise. it is up to them if they take that advice or not.
we have had many women post here with the same concern. the same advice is always given. dont stop the drugs on your own, the babies feel the withdrawal even if you dont  and be honest with the doctor about your use. the women who have followed this advice have experienced the best outcome for themselves and their babies.
the babies meconium stores evidence of drug use going back to about 16 weeks pre-natal. many states now test.
It's not the law in Ohio to get drug tested they only do it if they kno ur taking drugs or u have a history with them. And thats fine if they do drugs test me nothing will be in mine or baby system god has gaven me a second chance. I'm not doin pills anymore I'm doin good and I continue to I have said something to my doctor like my old doctor had me on vicodin I took them everyday and he said vicodin was better then tylanol so I left it alone I also didn't say anything because Im not sick I feel fine my body doesn't need then its a want and u don't even want them anymore my baby is more important I made mistakes and I realize that and I'm going to do the right thing.  Everytime Ive been to the doctor he soon great everything is developed his hearts good he healthy as they can see yes I understand that can change the advice I wanted is if there a chance my baby could be addicited but I'm good now k solved that alot of people just say ur  going to be addicted because they don't believe in it and there trying to scare u no one really knows what going to happen.
You won't get away with it, I know you think you do but you won:t..and it will be beyond tears,and talking your way out of it. They won't even talk to you first if the baby comes up positive, they will just call and you won;t be allowed to see her, or take her from the hospital into their custody. Again, please don;t mistake my tone for judgey because I am not.
I HAVE NO DRUGS IN MY SYSTEM! So how is there going to be in the baby no drug stays in ur or ur baby  system more then 30 days provin fact. Why would my fist docto give me vicodin if it was going to hurt my baby and I only took 5 a day u can take way more then that.
The cord blood.
8 is the maximum allowed the doctor is legally allowed to prescribe, it doesnt mean you "can take" 8 a day. YOu take what the directions say on your prescription, were you prescribed 8 a day? Did the doctor prescribe you 240 vicodins knowing you were pregnant? atthebeach is right, no need to get ANGRYYY!!!!!! All we can do is advise lol
8 a day or 60 mgs, whichever comes first..and Why are you getting upset with us? We are giving you what you asked for..Advice. We all just happen to agree on the same thing, which trust me does NOT happen often on this site ;) Well..We don't wish you harm or wish you failure...We;re just trying to help. We do want to be right, we hope that we are not right because its clear that you love your babies very much and would not hurt them. Most likely you and your baby are going to be just fine, but we tried to prepare you for what is extremely possible of happening. Well, best of luck to you and keep us posted, if you like!
Sorry I'm not trying to get angry or upset I just can't believe something could happen to my son. I couldn't live wit myself knowing I did something to hurt my baby my doct prescribed me 20 vicodin 500 mlg I took up to 5 a day that it sometime I went a little but berley did I ever. And I know they can't see how many u took durning ur pregnancy or how far back they can only do that by a hair fallical. And I've been prescribed peroset befor and vicodin and liquid codeine. So there no way I can get in trouble the doctor prescribe it to me. I just hope and pray my baby will be fine when he comes  got 6 and half weeks to go and be will be here.
i hope and pray everything works out for you.
Okay..Then I think he only prescribed you a few to take as needed, 5 a day means he wrote you an rx for only 4 days so means its a one time prescription, not a monthly maintenance drug..ya know?..Not 8 a day, then that would be a prescription for 240.  Everyone here knows you love your son, thats very clear and nobody thinks any less..Just trying to help you prepare.thats all.
One quick question, you were prescribe Percocet, liquid codiene, and vicodin during your pregnancy? Or before for various illnesses and surgeries in your lifetime?
When I first found out I was pregnant I was very sick had mono/strep throat so they gave me anti biotic and liquid codean. I broke my tell bone so they gave me 15 perk 5mlg. And I have really bad headach it runs in my family so my old doctor gave me a bottle off 20 vicodin 500 mlg. This been threw out my whole pregnancy but I would usually sale the perks and get some vicodin. I only took up to 5 pills a day sometimes I wouldn't take any. I feel fine I don't need them at all.
I'm a a phlebotomist in the state of Ohio and I know with certain fact mothers and babies are tested post natal.
thank you....
What you mean post natal? I don't see why they would drug test if you never had a history of drugs or no one reports you saying you're using drugs or if you're child doesn't show any sighns of drugs.
It's standard practice.
Post natal just means after birth.
I was addicted to pain pills while I was pregnant, I was so embarrassed to tell my doctor but I finally had to because I was worried about my baby.  Surprisingly my doctor was so helpful.  He got me into a great detox program.  How do you know your doctor will call CPS on you? My doctor did not he was actually really happy that I was willing to get help before the baby was born.  If you are 100% sure he would call CPS then you should just go to rehab without telling him.  It is best, exspecially since your pregnant, to go to a rehab clinic so they can watch over you and your baby.  Do this for yourself & your baby.  It will be worth it.