Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
(No forum for cutting) How do I stop cutting after emotional pain?

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

I've been clean for over a month, but I started cutting after being afraid of moving away to another home, and then after many nightmares, even a nightmare about my ex r***ing me, I cut more. Then he ended up m*****ing me, and I cut more and more until I cut every day. I'm worried about relapsing. I always end up giving in to my addictions. I suffer from anxiety, depression, adhd, ocd, pdd, high-functioning autism, and I can't even remember my other mental illnesses. I feel like I constantly am going insane. I feel like a failure, and thoughts like that, well..they make me slit my wrists again. I miss cutting, but I shouldn't.
Hi..Just keep the post here and check back..You can also post this in our Depression community. I just sent a message to someone who know all about this herself..Please be safe..You are worth it..Do you see any Dr for these mental issues. If you do put it in the depression one you should get alot of help..OK..Also check back here..You be Safe. I will send a prayer your way but I do not know anything about this..I am in recovery from drug addiction but it was for others reasons I used. Hang on...

May the Lord hold you in the Palm of his hand right now..
First of all CONGRATS on being clean, Have you spoken to a therapist or a crisis counselor about the cutting? Sounds like you need to BREATHE. Have you tried meditation? do you take meds for anxiety and the mental issues? could they not be working?
I wish i could tell you how to stop, I struggle with this daily...as a matter of fact i almost cut 3 different times today, I stopped because I didnt want to disappoint my parents who are with GOD. Do you have any CLOSE friends or family you could tell about cutting, and if you have the urge tell them?
One thing I do when it gets soo bad you want to cut is turn the music as loud as it goes and SCREAM!!!! SCREAM till you get the calm dizzy feeling cutting gives!!!
Please take care and PM me if you ever need a friend
BE PROUD OF YOUR ACHIEVEMENTS
KNOW YOUR WORTH IT AND YOUR STRONGER THAN U KNOW!!
(((HUGS)))
Thank you for your prayers :] I have a psychiatrist, but I haven't seen her since about last July, I believe. Whenever I'm with my psychiatrist, though, my mom's always in the room with me, and I don't really tell my mom anything, because she gets mad at me a lot..like she called me a little freak when she saw my wrist earlier this July. Thanks for telling me about the depression forum, I didn't know where to put this.
Thank you so much, Heather [: I don't really see my psychiatrist anymore, but even when I did, I'm really awkward talking to adults, so I didn't tell her much, and that was last year before I started cutting. I take Zoloft for depression..or anxiety..or maybe it's both, and I used to take Aterol (not sure how that's spelled), but it just made me really anxious and I lost my appetite. I do listen to music a lot if I feel like cutting, it normally helps me stop, but sometimes it's just not enough. I do have some friends who know, three at my new school, and well it was originally two at my old school, but it spread to four.