Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Norco Addiction....
About This Community:

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Norco Addiction....

I have been taking hydrocodone (Norco) now for the better part of ten years.  I am in a situation right now where I have basically run out of medication and have no way of getting more other than going to the ER, which I am not going to do.  Talked to a couple pharmacists but it just made me feel worse as they didn't have any suggestions or input, probably a bad idea to ask them anyway.

Like most addicts, I have been through WD quite a few times but this situation is kind of unique.  In the past, I've always been able to take enough time (4 or 5 days) to lay low.  I can't do that this time, I just found out that my dad is ill and will be needing some help starting Tuesday of this coming week.  I just took my last dose about 2 hours before I got the call, no one else can help him.  I've been taking roughly 55-75 mg a day for the past year, I do go to a pain clinic but not only did I run out early this time, I believe they are in the process of cutting me lose.  Not 100 percent certain but reasonably sure.  So I am trying to look at this as an opportunity to get clean, I believe I've lost years of my life to this drug, I'm 41 years old and really want to sober up.

So, I am thinking since I took my last dose earlier today, by Tuesday I will be feeling pretty bad.  The only thing I have available are a few (less than 10) tylenol 3 that were presribed to me a few years ago.  Any thoughts, input or advice on OTC products that may help would be appreciated.  I'm also wondering, for those who have been clean a while, what worked for you and how has your life gotten better?  Really feeling alone in all this.
1416133_tn?1351126817
Hi there and welcome!

Just wanted to suggest you cut and paste your post here and bring it over the the Substance Abuse forum.  You'll probably get a lot more responses over there - that side is usually pretty active.

Good luck to you - and congrats for deciding to quit!
Blank
Post a Comment
To
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources
RSS Expert Activity
233488_tn?1310696703
Blank
New Cannabis Article from NORTH Mag...