Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Norco Addiction....

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Norco Addiction....

I have been taking hydrocodone (Norco) now for the better part of ten years.  I am in a situation right now where I have basically run out of medication and have no way of getting more other than going to the ER, which I am not going to do.  Talked to a couple pharmacists but it just made me feel worse as they didn't have any suggestions or input, probably a bad idea to ask them anyway.

Like most addicts, I have been through WD quite a few times but this situation is kind of unique.  In the past, I've always been able to take enough time (4 or 5 days) to lay low.  I can't do that this time, I just found out that my dad is ill and will be needing some help starting Tuesday of this coming week.  I just took my last dose about 2 hours before I got the call, no one else can help him.  I've been taking roughly 55-75 mg a day for the past year, I do go to a pain clinic but not only did I run out early this time, I believe they are in the process of cutting me lose.  Not 100 percent certain but reasonably sure.  So I am trying to look at this as an opportunity to get clean, I believe I've lost years of my life to this drug, I'm 41 years old and really want to sober up.

So, I am thinking since I took my last dose earlier today, by Tuesday I will be feeling pretty bad.  The only thing I have available are a few (less than 10) tylenol 3 that were presribed to me a few years ago.  Any thoughts, input or advice on OTC products that may help would be appreciated.  I'm also wondering, for those who have been clean a while, what worked for you and how has your life gotten better?  Really feeling alone in all this.
Hi there and welcome!

Just wanted to suggest you cut and paste your post here and bring it over the the Substance Abuse forum.  You'll probably get a lot more responses over there - that side is usually pretty active.

Good luck to you - and congrats for deciding to quit!