Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community
Please help me

Drug or alcohol addiction can be a difficult thing to recover from as your body becomes physically dependant on these substances. Discuss topics including alcohol/drug rehab centers or programs, share rehab stories and offer support, and long term recovery post-rehab.

Please help me

I am a Soldier in the United States Army. I was injured in Afghanistan in a IED explosion that has left me is back pain issues. I have been prescribed oxycodone on and off for about 7 months.

I started by taking it as I should orally but snorting and abuse came soon. I need help. I don't know what to do. I can easily go back and have another script wrote but I want off this drug. I am addicted.

I took my last pill today. I have been trying to take small doses over the past three days. Tonight I went to bed and can not sleep. I have a urge to cross my arms in front of myself and clench them so tight. It it the strangest thing. I'm restless. I can't sleep. I am a good soldier, and a husband and a father. It will damage my career if my unit found out. I am scared.

What can I do to help get me through the withdrawals?
Stay with it, or use something less antagonstic toward your mind than oxycodone - it is really, really poison or you will be left with more than just back pain. This stuff really can and will ruin your personality, leaving you a bitter, restless and overstimulated person. I have seen it first hand - within moments of use I see my SO become irritable and just plain mean. I hate the stuff. Until a few years ago, it was only prescribed for people who were at the end stages of their painful life. Now it seems as though it is prescribed pretty regularly and doctors only ever ask 'does this work for your pain' and you continue getting the prescription.

If you want a future - take something else, maybe some combination of vicoden (also bad, but not as bad as the oxy) or stay on OTC pain medication.  If you are a soilder, you must be young - you have a future that depends on your mental alertness, even if your back pain is a problem. Oxy will only fix your back pain for a few hours (if it works - and it might, but only for a while) it will not help you get through personal difficulties, in fact it will make that MUCH worse...

Just my two cents.
Have you tried medical marijuana? It have helped me with my knees and I'm pretty sure it will help u with your back...

Hello

It's ok ....this will not affect your career since you were prescribed the drug from the doctor. Of course, we all know that addiction is a rotten state to be in. But at the moment you need to see when we are addicted we seem to think the state we are in now will last forever.

You will get better but this takes time. It also takes understanding. You need to see you are poorly with addiction and addiction is a very puzzling state .

The good news for you is there is help and one of the best help we can have is listening and talking with people who themselves have got better. You will be ok. But you cannot rush.

You could not rush if you had a broken leg and so please try to see you need to let time pass and fix a date when you are comfortable to begin reducing or completely stopping using the
drug.

Most people here have been through this. It is possible to get better.

But the one mistake most of us can make is we think the state we are in during addiciton will last forever. It doesn't !!!!!!   It passes.

I should make sure you have a supply of the drug always until you yourself are comfortable you have a plan of action to follow whereby you reduce or completely stop using the drug.

I found a strong sedative from my doctor taken for a few days helped.

Best wishes, Vince :)
You can obtain Kratom at the herb store to help with the symptoms. Mix one teaspoon to a small glass of tepid water. Drink it down fast after letting it sit about 5 mins and stirring well. It acts on the opioid receptors in the brain. Imagine herbal vicodin... there ya go. You can also ask the doctor that prescribed this to walk you through a decrease in dosage until you're off of it. Another thing is they can also prescribe suboxone. Thats just replacement therapy though. I too take Oxycodone 3 times a day and run out sometimes. It is truly torture to have to live through. Not only emotional, but physical torture. Oh. I wouldn't completely discount medical marijuana or marinol for pain. It works WELL! Good luck, and thank you so much for serving our country. We are very lucky to have soldiers like you.

Be well.

I ordered Bali Kratom capsules to get off Tramadol. I'm taking 400mg Tramadol per day. Which is best , Kratom or Suboxone ?

Thanks in advance