Quit drinking alcohol, now drink a LOT more water
Not really a question, but hope this helps somebody somehow (but, if you know about this issue let me know your thoughts:)

I quit drinking 3 weeks ago and have been super thirsty.  I probably do about 1-1.5 gallons per day, sometimes less but always try to drink some water for a few hours before I go to bed.  One big nice pee then it's lala time.  Wake up thirsty as hell, take another nice pee and get some water in me.  Eyes are Mohave dry, mouth is almost leather it's so dry sometimes and my near vision is toast for a few hours.  My glucose levels have been fine, no weird values but not 'offical' from the doctor, just my own monitoring. I was worried I had diabetes.  I am pretty much chalking it up to the major carb & general metabolism makeover.  I was averaging about 35 drinks per week, lots of that was high quality beer so that's a lot of metabolism freak out for a decade to undo.   My guess is all the weak ligaments, injuries and such will go away in about 6-8 weeks like it did last time I quit drinking.  So, if you are in the same boat and wondering what's going on - maybe my experience will help you.  Don't start drinking again like I did last time - allow mother nature to do her magic on your metabolism for a few months.   PS - I feel great after 3 weeks.  I'll NEVER drink again.
Congratulations on sobering up. You said you quit before and then went back. Are you going to AA meetings this time. I go regularly and it helps me immensely. I know it helps me stay sober. Not only am I learning the twelve step program, it teaches me how to live sober, but I have other sober people to talk to. A wonderful support system I will continue. I have been sober now for 19 months and am very happy. It does sound like you are diabetic, go get your blood checked. Keep up the good work on your sobriety.
No, not yet anyway.  I will be looking for a group when i get to austin (moving there in may.)  looks like a good thing, even if i have zero desire to do it again.  Knowing how hard it was for me to quit, maybe i can help others someday.  God helped me or couldn't have done it.  Good luck in your recovery.  I know for me there are emotional and intellectual scars to heal.  Nothing huge but all the time drinking was time i was not growing.  Best!
Recovery program helped me with my other issues, had lots of other issues also. Yes, you are totally right, we cannot heal when we are using. We know that now, very wise for you to see that now. Proud of you. People like us are the ones who can help others because we have been there and understand them like no one else would. The meetings are great, again, theres people just like us who understand and new people we can help.
Take Care
Judy
Good to hear and congrats on recovering.. Keep going so that you will relieve from diabetics when you have control over your mind.