Rehab?
What is the process for rehab? Inpatient ? Any experience from a woman with large family, career, children. I can't let them know. How to move forward. Never thought in one million years I'd consider rehab for pain pills. But it's crossing my mind as detoxing at home is much too difficult. Tried 3 times at home. Only successes for 20 days 1st time and not as many day since.
I just finished a 30 day inpatient program at the end of December and I have to say, it's the best thing I've ever done for myself, by far.

If you have the opportunity to go to inpatient, do it. You will not regret it!

I too was a pill addict.

Message me if you wanna talk.

Sarah

Do you mind me asking if your husband knows about your addiction? It sounds like you might have failed your first attempt of sobriety because you didn't have the aftercare in place (counselor, AA/NA). Did you quit drinking? because drinking often leads you back to pills. In patient, or out patient treatment is always the best way to go to get a foundation, that being said going to NA is often the most important part of recovery, and i'm getting a sense that your primary interest is to keep this very much a secret from everyone, while the aftercare, the "program" tells you that you will stay sick behind your secrets. The thing is that so many have the problem of becoming dependent on pain meds, the way that they're handed out (like candy) these days. It doesn't make you a bad person, or an immoral person, it just makes you human. Have you ever gone to a meeting (NA)?
I went to detox for a week and then got out and went to NA and couseling.  Without a good aftercare it will be nearly impossible.  I have 3 children and had a job at the time but I knew if I didn't go to rehab I would end up in a jail, a institution or die.  You need to think of your future.  You will regret it if you don't get the help you need right now.  Also be honest with people surprisingly most people understand and are proud of you for having the strength to get help.  I was so scared to tell anyone but now I wish I would have told them earlier.  I tried to quit so many times on my own without rehab, NA and not telling my family.  You need a good support system to get through this so it will be worth getting help.  I am three months clean and I know for a fact I wouldn't have made it this long without NA, family and faith. Stay strong and don't give up.
The process is pretty strait forward. You call up and are assessed. Then you go in for treatment at a date you choose. You can tell your kids anything you want and the facility will always keep your identity completely confidential. When you enter for treatment, you should be put in a private room to detox, where you are monitored by doctors and nurses. Once that has finished, you usually start up group and individual therapy along with any other therapies the facility provides. That is a brief overview but if you want to know more check out the link http://www.lifeworkscommunity.com/treatment-programmes/addiction-to-alcohol-or-drugs/alcohol/starting-alcohol-rehab.html