Staying clean
How does one stay clen ?  I have detoxed 3 times (once from oxy & twice from methadone) after about 3 months I start to think I have this beat and then I mess up.. Im going on 6 months since my last detox I just had a 2 week relapse.. I'm now on day 3 of being clean again... Ive got new hobbies none of my friends take pills... Idk
It's a process. Relapse is part of it. Sometimes we are so symptom oriented that we often miss the root of the problem and keep treating the symptoms and wonder what we're missing. I posted on another thread about Dr. Gabor Mate who wrote the book In the Realm of Hungry Ghosts - he says, the question is not why the addiction, but why the pain? There are so many layers to addiction and there's no one answer. Detoxing is only part of the process.
Detoxing is deff the easy part !!!
I think the biggest thing is having the "want" to stay clean. Cravings can be a real game killer, But as soon as you start getting that craving do something to take your mind off of it. Everytime you get the urge to call your dealer (if you have one) call someone else and talk about how your feeling. Addiction is a choice. And the choice is yours.
Ive been around addicts my entire life and I am going to school to be a drug addiction counselor. And the biggest thing that I have learned so far is that you have to get yourself out of that rut. Give yourself a reason to stay clean. Set a goal of a month and once you have stayed clean for that month set another goal of two months. You can do this. I promise you it will get easier as time passes. I cant promise when but I promise it will
you need to go to an NA meeting find a sponsor and do ur steps and wholla a new man or woman appears >)