Suboxone Withdrawal
Hello, I've been on Suboxone for 4 years, and oxi-contin for 2 years before that, 10 days ago i decided it was time to get off of the suboxone. I started a catapres patch the second day, and the withdrawals were still bad, but tolerable. I took the patch off on the 7th day and on the 8th day I started to come back into intense withdrawal. The doctor gave me 4 patches but only becuase it comes 4 to a pack I guess? Can I put another patch on now and be fine? I should add that I can probably handle this just out of sheer desire to be done with this after 6 years, but I own a small business and the lack of sleep is killing me and it, so this is why i'd much rather put another patch on, and feel like I'm walking through 2 feet of mud again, but I'd be able to sleep at least.
hello and welcome. congrats on wanting to re-claim your life from drugs.
what dose of suboxone were you on before you quit? did you do any kind of a taper? was it the same doctor who prescribed subs that gave you the
catapres patch?
Same Doc gave me the catapres, I tapered from 32 mgs of suboxone to 1mg of suboxone over the course of 4 years.
Woooo! I strung about 5 hours of sleep together last night, and I feel 100x better. I think I'll just stay off the catapres and finish this up. I feel like sleep medication would be better for W/D than the catapres....as long as I can sleep I can usually deal with most things. I feel amazing today, and really hopeful about being done with this.
wow 32mg that is an awful high dose.great you did a great taper. jumped off at 1mg. some people even taper down to crumbs of suboxone. many people have said that the clonidine helps with the withdrawal. well everyone is different is you feel better without it then dont use it..
that is awesome that you are feeling so good. exercise, healthy diet,vitamins and time will help bring a complete healing to your body,soul,mind,emotions and spirit.
are you getting any counseling and /or attending a support group to prevent relapse?
Yeah i was origionally coming off 700-800mg a day of IV oxi...so I had to take the max dose of Subs, was still an absolute nightmare coming off the oxi going onto the subs, so I mena this is so very mild compared to that...one of the things keeping me going. Honestly though now that I've slept, and its been I dunno 14 or 15 days, I actually feel almost normal. It comes and goes...I'd say maybe 3-4 times throughout the day I notice myself kinda lagging and sore, but then it goes away. Sleep is the key haha. I've been off the clonidine for almost a week now and my energy is growing exponentially everyday. Feels great.
Lucky, lucky you!  You are fortunate to be feeling so well.  I am currently on 16 mgs, 1 8 mg twice a day and I feel like I need more.  What did you find that was the most helpful for you to deal with the withdrawal symptoms and was there anything which allowed you to take less suboxone, something which reduced the cravings for it.
I know it has been almost three years since you have posted this, if you are still around I would appreciate hearing from you or anyone on this site.
Thanks so much
I was on sub for 8 years.  Coming off that was way worse than quitting vicodin on my own!  And, the sub withdrawal lasted way longer than the vic withdrawal.  Best of luck to you, hang in there.