When will detox symptoms stop???
I'm trying to do this myself.  I've bee. On oxycodones (10's) and tramadol for almost 5 years.  Been wanting to stop since I realized my body was addicted when I didn't take them.  Was scared to feel the way I am.  I've been off for 5 days now and I'm still going nuts with detoxing.  When will this stop.  My gramma just passed a couple weeks ago and that plus detoxing has gotten me so depressed!  Please help me! I don't want my kids to see me like this anymore or my husband!
hello and welcome. yes your body became dependent upon them and without them you went in withdrawal. at 5 days you should be through the worst of the acute physical symptoms. the depression and anxiety definitely last longer. it will take a few months for your brain chemistry to equalize iteself. the opiates had been providing the endrophins,serotonin and dopamine. please be patient. eat lots of protein,fruits and veggies. EXERCISE it is very important to the manufacturing of the brain chemicals. keep yourself busy. be positive, tell yourself this too shall pass and that you are healing. i am so sorry for the loss of your gramma. your right grieving on top of detox does make it harder. you will get through this.
you are healing each and every day. take it one day at a time.
sending hope,peace,comfort,prayers,
keep the faith
debbie
Find a dr who specializes in suboxone treatment for drug addiction I was taking tramadol for years was up to 20-25 a day went into rehab quit cold turkey nothing worked because it's not only the physical withdrawal it's the mental withdrawal you go thru afterwards that's when the depression hits and you don't feel like doing anything everything is a effort and that's if your capable of even moving around it's just terrible the worst thing anyone could imagine but there is hope a definitely a light out of the dark tunnel suboxone is a wonderful treatment it works a miracle I promise do some research on it there is ALOT of neg stuff out there and it all scared me to death but I needed help and had to give this a try and after finding physicist who specializes in suboxone treatment my life has turned around completely I've gotten it back without any desires or cravings whatsoever PLEASE PLEASE look into this for yourself I promise you it works I've been tramadol free 3 months and never have felt so good and proud of myself good luck
Hi Rah,
I'm supposed to see a Dr on Tuesday evening for an intake exam so I too can start Suboxone. I'm really glad to hear that it has worked for you. I'm hoping to get equally as good results. I've been on Morphene and Vicodin for about 6 years due to nueropathy in my lower extremeties. I'm at the point that I'd rather deal with the pain over the crap I go through with the ever increasing need to use more narcotic pain med. Your post didn't say how long you have been on suboxone. Do you mind my asking?
Also, I have a very close friend that has been on Tramadol for years. The reason she takes it (i mean other than suffering from chronic pain) is because supposedly it is non narcotic and is not addictive. It sounds like from your post, this may not be true. Did I read your post correctly? You were on Tramadol and it was addicive? You also had bad withdrawls from it too? I'm just trying to confirm so I can warn her too.
Thanks and the best of luck on your recovery!
David
I was same as you basically. Five years, vic's, perc's tram's. Not a lot but every day. Went to NA. Talking to people there helped a lot. I was feeling better within 10 days. And feeling good within 14 days. After that, back to normal and feeling really good. The body is amazing how it heals itself. I was clean for 5 months then started craving and relapsed. Now I am on the mend and feeling real good. You are on day 5, that is the upswing. Stay strong. I was worried about my kids also but they really just think you are sick and having a bad week.