Aa
A
A
Close
Blank
actiq and fentora addiction
I was on actiq 800mcg twice a day plus I could use fentora 200mcg, percoset, vicodin and tramadol because of my cancer pain for the last two years.Now I'm 7 days off actiq, 3 days off fentora, but still getting tramadol. WD is horrible.I cannot move walk and sleep?Does it end? Did I put myself in a right plan? What should I do?
Cancel
4 Answers
4 Answers
Page 1 of 1
After being on narcotics for 2 years, don't expect WD to be easy.  I was only on for 3 weeks & my WD was horrible , too.  You have to make the reasoning part of your brain focus on the reality of the WD not lasting forever.  Keep cutting back slowly under a doctor's supervision & don't give up.  I know all too well how every second of each day feels like an eternity.  This is my first day where I don't feel like I'm going to die.  It's so great!  My doctor gave me a schedule to follow & I stuck to it.  He expressed surprise yesterday, not expecting I could do it!  Some doctors who are experienced in treating withdrawal will prescribe other drugs to lessen the discomfort & anxiety.  Certain antidepressants, tranquilizers, and beta blockers can cut the agony by 50%, but be aware that tranquilizers are also addictive, so you'd have to deal with that.  I was given a beta blocker & it definitely helped.  Nothing, tho, will make it painless.  
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thank you for your response. I'm a little better today, and also I'am not under any medical supervision, cause my doctor didn't prescribe me fentanyl for the last 5 months, so he is not awared what I was doing.Now I have only two pills of tramadol remaining, and don't know how i'm gonna handle the future situation. Don't you know by any chance does Withdrawal Ease supplement work? I did place an order two days ago for overnight delivery (paid $55), still didn't get anything.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
954005 tn?1304630205
Hi:) I have not taken tramadol myself, but I have read quite a bit about it on these forums, and I believe that it should be discontinued gradually because of the 2 components it is made up of....half is like a narcotic, and the other half like an anti-depressant... take a look at the substance abuse forum:

http://www.medhelp.org/forums/Addiction-Substance-Abuse/show/77

and even if you type tramadol withdrawal in the "search this community" window, you should get a lot of great info.  
Comment
Cancel
954005 tn?1304630205
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Thanks for your post, but I'm not addicted to tramadol. My question was if I may use tramadol to help with my fentanyl WD. But anyway I appreciate your attempt to help me.
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Submit Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Submit Answer
A
A
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
Addiction: Alcohol/Drug Rehab Community Resources
Top Addiction Answerers
Blank
gnarly_1