alcohol dependancy
Please help get me started toward stopping. I'm very over weight & am alcohol dependant I don't go a day without drinking. I would drink 10 scotch & coke zero's a day & more on the week ends. Please advise
Hey, welcome to  the forum:) You are helping yourself towards stopping by posting this thread. Its a step in the right direction. I don't know if you have ever gone to an A.A. meeting...but if you haven't...check one out. Even if you don't buy into the program...Id suggest you go so you can meet some people that can help you. When you stop drinking, its always good to have somebody to call that's in the program and knows how your feeling. You can find that person at an A.A. meeting

I know its hard to quit drinking...but you can do it. Maybe speak with your doctor about going into a detox facility where they can monitor your detox. I know kicking alcohol can be tough on the body so if you have the resource available...you might want to utilize it.

You can do it...you made the first step already by admitting you have a problem...you did that right here. Now its time to get a plan and put it in action.

Im here if you just need to vent or have any questions...please go to a meeting if you can though because you need to build a support group.

God bless you
I spent many years in the rooms of alcoholic anonymous. I was able to quit without medical help, yet if you are physically dependent on alcohol, you would need a supervised detox. This can be done in as little as 3 day to a week. Have you ever gone 1 or 2 days without a drink? The meeting of aa, was the last place I went for help and the only thing that worked. Haven't had a drink in 6 years 11 months.
I just stopped. No withdrawal nothing. But I felt like I had lost my best friend and became very depressed. I am also hugely overweight, widowed and lonely. But I was under the influence (as always) at my sons house and said a very unkind thing to my grand daughter which made her sob for hours, and she is only 6. That did it for me. I have not touched the filthy stuff again. It was like a warning bell had gone off. No way was I going to lose my family for a DRINK.

Stopping the drink empowered my to stop my prescribed oxynorm and oxytocin.  Terrible, terrible withdrawal for a couple of days, but very mild now.

Keep busy, do some knitting, watch funny movies, stay away from friends you drink with.

By the way, since stopping the alcohol, I have lost 3kg!